Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Embracing the storm

Real Name
    Debbie

Embracing the storm

We got dumped on again, decided to embrace the opportunity. C & C welcome.

Embracing the storm
    Handrail

Embracing the storm
    Backyard

Embracing the storm
    Frontporch

Real Name
    Tim

Re: Embracing the storm

Debbie,
    It finally stopped snowing here. I like the first one, but I think it would be better if the post were more vertical.

The third one, and this is just my taste, has that modern porch in it. Kind of plain in my humble opinion.

Other parts of the picture though I find interesting. I did this crop and a little cloning

Embracing the storm

I think I would clone out the railing too, and have the intersecting planes and the old clapboarding.

Real Name
    Elise

Debbie, I really like the second one -- it clearly conveys the mood of the day!

And from a Californian to a Vermonter . . . brrrrr!

Real Name
    Chris

Well, me too, me too....I aligned your verticals, did some cloning and omitting, tossed in a couple of multiply layers at 20%-ish with empahsis on lightening, two screen adjustments to increase contrast by 1 and one soft light and one overlay to balance out the colors and to give it some pop...my crop is different than Tim's and I did get rid of the background trees as I thought they made the overall scene too busy. You would probalby like a softer image, but that's the fun of C&C...we each have our own preferences and I know< I've been positively influenced by the C&C I've received on here..and in some cases, really changed the way I looked ay my own and other's imagery.

Embracing the storm

Real Name
    Wendy

3,2,1 in that order for me. I like #3 as is and think you've done a great job exposing for the similar tones in the snow and houses contrasting with the black of the rail and the windows. #3 says winter to me and suggests housebound inhabitants as there are no footprints, the mailbox has not been opened and the walk not cleared. It's about how I feel right now with winter. I would like to hibernate for the rest of it. i also find the colours very pleasing.

Wendy