Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dog....again

Real Name
    Debbie

My Dog....again

Just trying to muddle my way through my own personal photography slump - I blame it on the weather. Anywho, caught my dog staring intently at the birds, I like the diagonal line from tip of nose, edge of lips through the tip of the ear and all the lil wispy bits of fur against the s**w...(which is now a dirty dirty word in NE USA where we are having the longest winter ever.)

My Dog....again

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: My Dog....again

Nice shot, Debbie. I like the way you captured that unique look on your dog. The first thing that came to my mind is the concept of your dog looking at the sky probably fixing his gaze upon a certain star and thinking... missing home. Hope it will get warmer soon in your area.

My Dog....againMy Dog....again
    great photo debbie - one of mine from earlier this year when we had a little bit of the white stuff
    Last edited by matengawhat; 6th March 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Thierry

unusual composition debbie but nice shot

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I like it. I love that you captured him with his nose up in the air. Yes, s**w is a dirty word.

Real Name
    Chris

Rufus says "Hello" Debbie and welcome to the group...

My Dog....again

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    I like it. I love that you captured him with his nose up in the air. Yes, s**w is a dirty word.
    Oh, GEESH! I'm sitting here trying to figure out what in the world s**w stands for!!! ahem! I think that I have a mental block on it. Anyway, it's been raining, here, for two whole days, though. It's dwindling - it's going!!!

This isn't the longest winter, either. (She said in low, hushed tones.) Do you remember that March when it snowed ten feet? We still had snowy patches in June! Shhhh! I didn't say it, though! Yikes!

Debbie, I do like this photo of your dog. His fur is so beautiful, I like the sweep of his neck as he looks up and he's in perfectly adorable doggy mode.

Real Name
    Debbie

Thanks for looking and the comments

chris great pic - he looks like he's having fun - my king charles loves the snow

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    My Dog....again
    You certainly nailed the, exposure, focus and the sharpening on that one. It is, in my opinion, perfect in that respect. And it's a nice pose as well.

Real Name
    Brian

Just trying to muddle my way through my own personal photography slump - I blame it on the weather. Anywho, caught my dog staring intently at the birds, I like the diagonal line from tip of nose, edge of lips through the tip of the ear and all the lil wispy bits of fur against the s**w...(which is now a dirty dirty word in NE USA where we are having the longest winter ever.)
    I like it! I know what you mean about the weather. We don't have snow here, but lots of cold rainy days

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You certainly nailed the, exposure, focus and the sharpening on that one. It is, in my opinion, perfect in that respect. And it's a nice pose as well.
    Thanks Donald. I really appreciate your comments.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I like it! I know what you mean about the weather. We don't have snow here, but lots of cold rainy days
    Thanks Brian. Its going to be a wicked mud season for us this year...that should be good for a picture or two

Real Name
    Janis

Love your photo, Debbie. I caught Stella in a similar pose on Sunday, but not nearly as well as you.

In the one image, she has some interesting fungi growing from the top of her head...

My Dog....again

...and the other suggests to me I should severely restrict the ISO range of my Canon S95.

My Dog....again

Still, it was great to be out in temperatures that did not immediately freeze the battery (human or lithium).

Real Name

Thanks Brian. Its going to be a wicked mud season for us this year...that should be good for a picture or two
    Mud Seasonis the absolute worst. Nobody told me about that when we moved here... I want my money back. Our house is for sale in case anyone is interested.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    Love your photo, Debbie. I caught Stella in a similar pose on Sunday, but not nearly as well as you.

In the one image, she has some interesting fungi growing from the top of her head...

My Dog....again

...and the other suggests to me I should severely restrict the ISO range of my Canon S95.

My Dog....again

Still, it was great to be out in temperatures that did not immediately freeze the battery (human or lithium).
    She's beautiful.

Real Name
    Debbie

Mary - Stella is gorgeous Yeah....mud season <shudder>...I have 8 paws and a backyard with clay soil. Its not pretty.

Real Name

Mary - Stella is gorgeous Yeah....mud season <shudder>...I have 8 paws and a backyard with clay soil. Its not pretty.
    Stella is gorgeous... but she's Janis' dog... I was quoting her. I'm tired of snow but want to bypass mud.

Real Name
    Janis

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    Stella is gorgeous... but she's Janis' dog... I was quoting her. I'm tired of snow but want to bypass mud.
    Stella sez, thanks for all the compliments and, if you got mud, I'm yours. (Though Debbie might have to get rid of those other eight paws and Mary, her Lucydog).

Real Name
    Summer

beautiful pup! I'm new here, and don't know much, but I love this shot. Really captures the intent gaze!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast