Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Guess what time it is?

Real Name
    Steve

Guess what time it is?

Well almost, they are starting to come in ..........................about 8 of them have showed up so far.

One from last year...............can't wait!!!

Guess what time it is?

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Guess what time it is?

Great shot, can't wait to see more. Ours are here as well, They have a nesting sight with about 75 nests less than a mile from the house but I can't get close enough due to a fence. I did notice for what ever reason ours seem to be very dark colored this year, real dark grey, instead of the greyish blue.

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Well almost, they are starting to come in ..........................about 8 of them have showed up so far.

Me either, hope you have a great season Steve. It will take a lot to beat last year though.

Wendy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    What I'd like to see is a pic that someone else has taken of you at the top of these trees. Just amazing how you get yourself into location for these shots.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Great shot, can't wait to see more. Ours are here as well, They have a nesting sight with about 75 nests less than a mile from the house but I can't get close enough due to a fence. I did notice for what ever reason ours seem to be very dark colored this year, real dark grey, instead of the greyish blue.
    Thank you paul, i don't know what would cause the color difference. They have normal coloration here.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Me either, hope you have a great season Steve. It will take a lot to beat last year though.

Wendy
    Thank you wendy, i appreciate it. I've learned alot since last year, and hopefully that will make a big difference in my shots. I guess we'll see in a week or two.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What I'd like to see is a pic that someone else has taken of you at the top of these trees. Just amazing how you get yourself into location for these shots.
    Thanks donald. I was trying to find a closer location last week. The problem is when i move closer, i loose elevation. If i move 10 yards closer, i have to climb another 10 yards higher in a tree. I'm already 30 feet up a tree, 60 feet is getting too dangerous, unless i get the proper gear for it. I may have to though, because i can't afford a 500mm and i want to get a little closer.

As far as the wide angle shots up the tree, maybe i could rig something up for that.