Sample Fashion Shots!

Sample Fashion Shots!

Sample Fashion Shots!

Let me know what you think of it

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Sample Fashion Shots!

Welcome to the Forum, laine57

Well a nice sets of pictures. Technically can't say much about these, as I am no expert, but who is that man in background, in blue, in your 3rd shot... Seems like he was enjoying shooting your models for free

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

In your first picture, I like the light on the girl in white. It can be turned into a nice dreamy scene, if cropped accordingly.

Real Name
    Brian

I like the second one, though I wonder why they are not looking in the same direction.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by laine57 View Post
    been doing some fashion and portrait shots in the past

Sample Fashion Shots!

Nikon d40
    the models are my Best Friends

Sample Fashion Shots!

Sample Fashion Shots!

Sample Fashion Shots!

Let me know what you think of it
    Hi Laine,

Another lady 'tog from the Philippines, CiC seems to be quite popular over there
    Glad to have you join our merry band.

OK, you asked about the photo's;

#1 Greatly spoiled by flare and over-exposed sky, sadly, it looks like the sky is the same unhelpful bright 'white-out' we often get here in the UK, therefore a suggestion to use a lens hood may not be helpful because you may already have been doing so. If you had an assistant, I wonder if they could hold a shade above the lens, it might help a bit. As would less exposure and bring up the shadow detail with Fill light control.

However, in terms of composition and pose, #1 is actually my favourite image.

#2 I agree with Brian, it seems odd, given they are obviously posing, that their attention is not taken by the same thing - they really should be looking at the same point in space ideally. This also seems a little over exposed. The composition is good, but I find the white blooms on the ground distract a little, might be worth picking those up (next time), or cloning them out in PP.

#3 Same flare and over exposure as #1, but not quite as bad - I can't see any EXIF data, but I wonder, since this is a recurring theme, whether you had any, or too much, positive Exposure Compensation (EC) dialled in? Might also be worth cropping about 4% off the right hand side and cloning out the mystery snapper in the background.

#4 Again, good subject positioning in the frame, but spoiled by the girl in white not also looking at the camera (or both looking at each other) and (sorry), it is over exposed.

What are you using for PP software I wonder?

You definitely have a good compositional eye, which is more than half the battle, so don't be put off by my constant whinging on the technicalities - they can be learnt far easier than the composition aspect.

Anyway, I hope that helps,

Real Name
    John

The poses in the second photo is very amusing, reminds me of a scene from a science fiction movie where the actors have spotted some cosmic rarity. The skintones in the second and fourth are the best, the others suffer from overexposure. Use the bicycle as a prop more often and it will seem more realistic.

Real Name
    Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Laine,

Another lady 'tog from the Philippines, CiC seems to be quite popular over there
    Glad to have you join our merry band.

OK, you asked about the photo's;

#1 Greatly spoiled by flare and over-exposed sky, sadly, it looks like the sky is the same unhelpful bright 'white-out' we often get here in the UK, therefore a suggestion to use a lens hood may not be helpful because you may already have been doing so. If you had an assistant, I wonder if they could hold a shade above the lens, it might help a bit. As would less exposure and bring up the shadow detail with Fill light control.

However, in terms of composition and pose, #1 is actually my favourite image.

#2 I agree with Brian, it seems odd, given they are obviously posing, that their attention is not taken by the same thing - they really should be looking at the same point in space ideally. This also seems a little over exposed. The composition is good, but I find the white blooms on the ground distract a little, might be worth picking those up (next time), or cloning them out in PP.

#3 Same flare and over exposure as #1, but not quite as bad - I can't see any EXIF data, but I wonder, since this is a recurring theme, whether you had any, or too much, positive Exposure Compensation (EC) dialled in? Might also be worth cropping about 4% off the right hand side and cloning out the mystery snapper in the background.

#4 Again, good subject positioning in the frame, but spoiled by the girl in white not also looking at the camera (or both looking at each other) and (sorry), it is over exposed.

What are you using for PP software I wonder?

You definitely have a good compositional eye, which is more than half the battle, so don't be put off by my constant whinging on the technicalities - they can be learnt far easier than the composition aspect.

Anyway, I hope that helps,
    Hello Dave!! Thanks for replying ^_^

This photo were taken a year ago, and as you have said in your comment, and i look back at it... All of it really are over exposed!
    The model were shot simultaneously, maybe by 3 photographers so their eyes are looking the other way ... I didn't art direct them. I just stole some shot moments from them ^_^

I didn't used any PP software in this shots, I'm still familiarizing myself with Photoshop Lightroom thou..

I should practice more.. and learn some new tricks!! and better equipments..

Thank you also for the advice i'll take take note of those points!!! really appreciate the comment! I'll need to practice more, study the flow of lighting
    Last edited by laine57; 25th February 2011 at 02:06 AM.

Real Name
    Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    The poses in the second photo is very amusing, reminds me of a scene from a science fiction movie where the actors have spotted some cosmic rarity. The skintones in the second and fourth are the best, the others suffer from overexposure. Use the bicycle as a prop more often and it will seem more realistic.
    COOL, Glad you like my shots, I know they can be over exposed i should take note of that, and avoid it.. :P And for the advice i'll put that in mind

Real Name
    Laine

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I like the second one, though I wonder why they are not looking in the same direction.
    Wondering Eyes! O_O

Real Name
    Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, laine57

Well a nice sets of pictures. Technically can't say much about these, as I am no expert, but who is that man in background, in blue, in your 3rd shot... Seems like he was enjoying shooting your models for free
    Thanks for the welcome.. I'm no expert either :P
    I don't even know who he is, maybe a spy? Joke

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

To me, the 2nd shot looks as if the model in front is some filthy rich girl who is enjoying an outing in garden & the girl behind is on a look out for a potential danger to her....

Real Name
    Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    To me, the 2nd shot looks as if the model in front is some filthy rich girl who is enjoying an outing in garden & the girl behind is on a look out for a potential danger to her....
    cool, you made a story out of it. I think so too :P

Real Name
    Pops

My experience with the D40 tells me that it needs -2/3 exposure compensation on photos such as this.

Other than that, my only comment is the obviously forced poses. Back in the day (loooooong ago) when I was around such photographers, they taught me to give the models just general directions and shoot fast as they moved around. This gives much better results than the forced pose series. It does, however, require that many more photos be taken.

Pops