Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Simple street shooting

Real Name
    Yegor

Simple street shooting

I think, I have spoiled images, imitating methods of processing. For example as Dave Hill. I have made the second photo on its method, but nothing has left. I do not know why.
    In any case, the one who does not do is not mistaken

Simple street shooting

Simple street shooting

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Simple street shooting

Yegor

I very much like the composition of the second image. It is very strong. However, the processing has resulted in significant halos around, for example, the man on the left and on the street lamp extending out from the wall.

Also, your sensor may need cleaning. Is that 'dust' bunnies I see in the sky?

The lighting in the first one is also very good.

Real Name
    Yegor

Thanks, Donald. Yes, the sensor me too agitates))) I can't understand, where a dust! It it is visible only with zoom 200-300. I cleaned a sensor control, an objective too. It is strange, that after cleaning, position of motes has not changed.
    About "Halos" - Because of the third stage processing by the Hill - it puts Filter> Other> High Pass 30r. I put less, but all has left a glow above a head

Real Name
    Yegor

Well,this one maybe better

Simple street shooting

Real Name
    Debbie

I really like this one. You didn't get it perfect, but I can see what you were going for. Its busy, but to me that is OK. Streets are busy places. I like the style

Real Name
    Yegor

Thanks, Debbie. Yes, to make a spontaneous picture precise and sharp it is difficult)))) In an original format much better, but it is not ideal, but it and distinguishes the studio prepared photo from street. The main thing not an object, but action)))))) or not?

Simple street shooting

I have been experimenting with some more edgy processing of late. I have to say that the 2nd image in your first post is spot on. You cannot apply the same critique as you would to 'faithful' photographs to images that are processed in this way. I think its great - I like everything about it. - except the dust bunnies. The halos add to the overall effect.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    Thanks, Debbie. Yes, to make a spontaneous picture precise and sharp it is difficult)))) In an original format much better, but it is not ideal, but it and distinguishes the studio prepared photo from street. The main thing not an object, but action)))))) or not?

Simple street shooting
    My humble opinion only, not as strong as the others, I think seeing more of the woman's face would make it a stronger image, but I like the composition..the placement of the subjects at the table and the chairs.

I'm jealous - we are still in winter with cold, snow and ice.

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    My humble opinion only, not as strong as the others, I think seeing more of the woman's face would make it a stronger image, but I like the composition..the placement of the subjects at the table and the chairs.

I'm jealous - we are still in winter with cold, snow and ice.
    Thanks! I have made 2 pictures - and on the first the girl it is visible more. But I have chosen this photo for the reasons told by you

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I have been experimenting with some more edgy processing of late. I have to say that the 2nd image in your first post is spot on. You cannot apply the same critique as you would to 'faithful' photographs to images that are processed in this way. I think its great - I like everything about it. - except the dust bunnies. The halos add to the overall effect.
    Thanks Steve! Everything, that I can add - a dust, it is bad!)))))) ThanX