Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New Camera - first pics

Real Name
    Donna

New Camera - first pics

Hi All,

Finally got my Canon 550D and here a few of my first pics.... Still getting to grips with moving up from my Samsung NX10, but all comments will be well received!

New Camera - first pics

New Camera - first pics

New Camera - first pics

Real Name
    Cheri

Re: New Camera - first pics

Getting used to a new camera is fun, but can be frustrating as well. I am still getting used to my Nikon D5000 I always want to revert back to my Nikon D50 which is my first SLR.
    This site is great to get us using our cameras everyday. Make sure you read the book that came with the camera I keep mine handy and refer to it often. Your picture of the dog is wonderful and I love the expression on his face. One thing I do when taking pictures of animals is to set the focus on their eye, I do that with my grand children as well. Have a wonderful day.

Donna

Congratulations on the 550D and what a great start. Love the dog shot. Full of character. He reminds me of Claude Greengrass's dog from Heartbeat. As Cheri pointed out above you need to watch your focus. One of the biggest differences between a DSLR and your NX10 is depth of field. Close in like that you need to consider carefully about composing in the 3rd dimension. Hope you are keeping hold of the NX10 it is a very capable camera...large sensor too.

The first photo worked well but I think you have picked a couple of very difficult subjects for the other two. Scenes which would even stretch the abilities of an expert.