Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First reflections shot

Real Name
    Chris

First reflections shot

Black Plexiglass with black felt backdrop...realized as I was shooting that the backdrop was lighter in value than the plexi so am off to my favorite fabric store...I think I once read that Rob uses black velvet, does anyone else have a suggestion...other than the background problems, how does this look?

First reflections shot

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: First reflections shot

Chris, I have no idea what the actual colors are. I'm seeing a green tint on the noise area. Have you tried shooting one with a gray card first so you can do the white balance check later? I think you got good reflections from the plexiglass.

Real Name
    Chris

The bottles are ones I dug out of a local historical "dump" are vary in shades of green, yellow and browns...most of these bottles date back to the turn of the century. I did notice the same thing and need five lashes with a wet noodle for not gray carding...When I get back from the fabric store, will reshoot with a card. Thanks for the feedback.

Real Name
    Paul

I agree, looks like a pretty good first go Chris. When doing mine I had to hang some material behind me as well to combat picking up reflections of door frames and walls in the room. If you run into this issue try a black sheet or blanket. I got away with navy blue.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

The reflection is great and the set up catches my eye. Other than that... I have zero technical knowledge and get lucky once in a while. I stand by my claim that I need a new camera. I look forward to seeing your 'after'.