Thread: Camera Cleaning

Real Name
    Amber

Camera Cleaning

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on where to go to get their camera cleaned. I bought a used Nikon D80 from a friend about two years ago, it's been through a lot of wear and tear and needs a good clean. Does National Camera clean cameras? Is it really expensive? Can I clean it on my own? Where else could I go? Thank you, thank you!!

amber!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Camera Cleaning

Amber

Welcome to CiC. I hope we'll see you continue as a member beyond this one post (but that may be dependent on the quality of the responses you get).

I assume you'll be wanting to keep your camera within the US, so will stand back and let the US members comment.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I'd probably contact Nikon USA and look for the nearest authorized service center nearest your area. One of the advantages on contacting them is that they can do a thorough check on your camera once they opened it and will inform you if there are others issues on your camera aside from cleaning. The disadvantage is that your cost will go higher. However, you always have the option to tell them you don't want to do the other stuff on your camera aside from cleaning. Hope this helps.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I'd probably contact Nikon USA and look for the nearest authorized service center nearest your area.
    I'd agree, although having just said that, I believe there are also reputable 3rd party service centres that may have a competitive offering.