Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Today's shots

Real Name
    Krisztina

Today's shots

Out back by the Eucalyptus tree while my daughter plays, I shoot (I play)
    Today's shots

I'm sure with better editing tools and knowledge, these pictures could be improved.
    Any other comments, advice welcome.

Today's shots

Thanks,
    Krisztina

More at
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Kriszti...eat=directlink

rob marshall

Re: Today's shots

Quote Originally Posted by Captured View Post
    Any other comments, advice welcome.
    Today's shots
    Krisztina

I like the backlit effect, but I'm not too sure where the focus point is. Her hair is OOF, but the leaves in the foreground look to be in focus. Did you use a single focus point on the camera?

Real Name
    Krisztina

I think here, I was trying to use Manual focus bc I was having issues while in Auto focus. and I've never really tried it before-I had received the camera that I currently use in Oct 2010( my first Dslr)-( the lens hood has always been on, this time I took it off) I don't know why it would hyper focus orHyper Zoom? I dont know if that's the right term, but it zoomed to the point it was completely blurry, and I couldn't get it to unzoom- well, sometimes I could, and sometimes I couldn't- it was pissing me off bc I didnt know what I did wrong- so I thought Id try to fix it be trying to unzoom, refocus myself....
    Also,I didn't know how to get the focal point (red little dot to appear) while in the Manual focus setting....So that's probabbly why it's never really set
    Gotta read the camera manual...

But when I look at the pic, I'm drawn to her eyes, down along her arms- to her busy little hands...
    I want her to be soft,(like an angel in the forest? and the tree leaves/branches she's playing amongst to be more defined

I wonder if your auto focusing problems were because you were too close? Although backlit shots can often fool the auto focus. And hand held manual focusing can also be difficult to achieve. When manually focusing, I always prefer to use a tripod; but that isn't always convenient.