Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Vintage Car

Real Name
    John

Vintage Car

Hi All,

Attached is a photo of a vintage car that I took some time ago; just wanted to try a black and white background with a coloured subject. I think for the most part it worked out quite well. What do you think?

Cheers,

John

vintage-car.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacksprat94/5419520693/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Vintage Car

John

Good piece of work.

Compositionally, I might have been tempted to swing left a bit so that the back of the car was closer to the right hand side of the frame and the front had more space between it and the left hand edge of the frame.

And, it might be just my old eyes, but has a bit of the colourisation crept off the body of the car right at the back between the bodywork and the trunk of that small tree?

Real Name
    John

Thanks Donald,

Yes, the composition could have been better and since I have joined CiC I am more aware of these things while out shooting. In the past my efforts were more Point and Shoot instead of thinking about how to take the photo. You were right I did miss some of tree when it was converted to B&W, I think I got it all now.

vintage-car.jpg

Thanks again, John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnW; 6th February 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Am I silly or would it help if the right was cropped a bit? or would that just be wrong - too square? It just seems like there's a lot of dead space, there. Anyway, when I hold up my hand and take away the parking lot, I noticed the great "face" this auto has!