Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 40d

Real Name
    Paul

40d

I've been offered a good condition 40d for £375. But it has 20k on the shutter is this something I should consider as high. Apart from that there's not a mark on it. Grateful for some feed back please before I part with my cash
    Bootsy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: 40d

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    I've been offered a good condition 40d for £375. But it has 20k on the shutter is this something I should consider as high. Apart from that there's not a mark on it. Grateful for some feed back please before I part with my cash
    Bootsy
    I wouldn't consider 20k as high. If I thought it was clean and seemed to be in good condition and the click-count was the only question I had, I would grab it at that price. I'd love a second 40D body to go with the one I've got already.

There may be those on here more experienced at trading that I am, who might say 'don't', but then I'd still be very, very tempted. Would probably add in the cost of a service and think of that as the total purchase price.

Real Name
    Jim

I've bought a good bit of used equipment over the years.That's a good price.20K isn't much considering the expected shutter life is 100K.
    The 40D is a very nice camera.The only reason I sold mine is it was a bit small for my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    The 40D is a very nice camera.The only reason I sold mine is it was a bit small for my hands.
    Wow! A lot of people find the 40D to be too big for them.

Considering the original price that sounds a bit high to me; although it remains a popular piece of equipment so the demand is probably still high.

If I had to replace mine I just don't know what else I would consider. For a new purchase I suppose I would have to go all the way to a 7D.

Real Name
    Richard

Used 40D cameras, body only, have sold on eBay USA during the past two weeks for between $426 and $586 (U.S. Dollars). That is quite a variation and I couldn't tell the differences between the several cameras. I don't know how much these cameras sell for in the U.K. or if it would be worthwhile to purchase one from a U.S. eBay vendor (if one would ship to the U.K.)...

I really like my 40D and shoot with it along with a 30D and a pair of lenses. I like the 40D quite a bit better than the 30D; mainly because of the larger LCD screen, the user selected modes and sensor cleaning...

The 40D, although an older model, would still shoot as well as it did when it was the flagship of the Canon 1.6x line...