C&C, please!

C&C, please!

C&C, please!

C&C, please!

All taken with 60mm at f29

Real Name
    Paul

Re: C&C, please!

Fantastic! I like the first two the most. Great focus and wonderful pastel colors. The only thing I think is disruptive in #2 is the rim of the vase. I think it would look better without it or even if we could see a bit more of the vase. Just enough there to distract as I first wonder what it is.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

First reaction .......

I prefer #1 an #2 because they're not so 'in-my-face'.

#3 and #4 are up-front and too bold for me. But that, of course, is a very subjective reaction.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

These images are whispering... dark background... dark background. Nice set of images, Katy. You're doing great. I just wish the bright background be darker so I can focus my attention on the wonderful colors and curves and patterns of the flower. Other than that, all I can say is - Wonderful!

This is just an idea. Hope I did not offend you by working on your image.
    C&C, please!

Or this:

C&C, please!
    Last edited by jiro; 31st January 2011 at 01:23 AM.

Real Name
    Mark

I agree with Jiro. Lovely pics but the edge detail is lost with the white background.

Real Name
    Paul

I do also like the darker background. However it does look a little over saturated now as I did like the softer pastel coloring.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I do also like the darker background. However it does look a little over saturated now as I did like the softer pastel coloring.
    Me too...somewhere in the midle would be just right...said mama bear.

Suzy.....

C&C, please!

It's just not the same, is it. (oh, we were on the phone talking about it....)

Real Name
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Suzy.....

C&C, please!

It's just not the same, is it. (oh, we were on the phone talking about it....)
    I like this better, though it did lose a little of the luminosity. A little to the right now (camera that is)

Real Name
    Kay

I am turning into quite the fence sitter of late - but the pastel almost 'high key' look of your set particularly # 1 and #2 I thought were really lovely....BUT then with the Black background they look terrific....but in a whole other way...both good just different.
    The perspective of 3 and 4, I agree with Donald - they just don't grab me compositionally like the first 2.

Real Name
    Mark

neat pics

I love the look of 1 and 2. I actually prefer the white background with these soft pastel shades. It gives a kind of soft ethereal feel to the images. I hate to say this but they could be the kind of pics they like to use with toilet tissue ads . Comfort and softness blah blah blah....

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Katy, when I saw these first, just straight on the monitor, I thought "Too soft, too unsaturated...they need more saturation & contrast." But then I saw Willie's and...no, no, no! They "need" to be just as you gave them to us.

Certainly putting them in the Litebox, with it's black frame and lights out effect does them a favour, but they are beautiful, especially #'s 1 & 2, and especially especially #2.

I do agree that cloning out the vase rim would help, as it would give it a more floating, ethereal feel.

Real Name
    Wendy

Lovely Katy: 1 & 2 get my vote also, and of course me being me, I like the softer look of the white background. That's just me though, Jiro's rework is great and they do look good on the black, but my personal and very subjective preference is for the white.

I also love the tone and texture in the last shot, but somehow or other it is lacking in the composition department. I wish I could be more helpful and suggest why, or how to improve it but I can't, there is just something missing. Beautiful colours and texture though.

Wendy