Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Free Wet Photography Darkroom Outfit

Real Name
    Homer

Free Wet Photography Darkroom Outfit

Update:

I have a list member interested in this equipment. So unless the situation changes, this offer is over.

I have a Simon B22 XL enlarger with three lenses, carriers for 2.25 sq and 35mm film, Time-O-Light, trays, bottles and a whole box of other gear that has been sitting in a closet for over thirty years. Clearly, I'm not going back to wet photography and I would like to get rid if this equipment; I just can't bring myself to throwing it away.

I will give the gear to anyone or any group that would like it, for the cost of shipping it. I would probably cost about $25 to ship in the US and Canada. I don't know what overseas would cost but we could discuss it.

Anyone interested, please contact me in a private message and I can detail what I have, give you more information about its condition and detail shipping cost.

Homer
    Last edited by Boatman; 31st January 2011 at 05:30 PM.

Real Name
    Pops

Re: Free Wet Photography Darkroom Outfit

Ahhhrgh, you just made me droooooool all over my keyboard.

I thought long and hard about setting up a darkroom when I got back into photography. However, without building a separate building/shop it just isn't possible.

Pops

Real Name
    Homer

Re: Free Wet Photography Darkroom Outfit

Pops:

When I was in my mid twenties, I had it good and I knew it. My parents let me wall off a 8 x 12 portion of a large bedroom, bring in plumbing and set up a darn nice darkroom. I used that room heavily until I was about 27 when I started getting involved with other interests, including a woman, whom I married. Then I moved out.

I kept all the gear and set it up once or twice in my apartment kitchen at night, but the hassle of setting it up and tearing it down, as well as light leak problems, proved this method impractical. I always wanted to get the stuff set up again but never did. Now with digital photography I doing more and getting better results than I ever imagined "back in the day". Not the least of which is that I'm working in full color!

I don't miss wet photography one bit. But all that equipment carries a ton of memories and more than a small investment of cash. I'm glad someone wants it and I'll be pleased to know it's getting some use. But honestly I'm not sure why someone would even take the stuff. For the average photographer wet photography is dead.

Homer