Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Silhouette

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Silhouette

photo of white swans taken at sunset. Comments would be appreciated. Thanks for viewing.

Silhouette

Re: Silhouette

This is very good Marie-Josee. I love the simplicity of the image. The orange background looks a little murky though. It may benefit from pushing the vibrance a little. The foreground silhouette is a a little fuzzy but again that can be sorted by creating a new outline with the free select tool and then smudging or cloning the orange up to the new line. A quick wipe across the new edge with a fuzzy blur brush and you will have a sure winner. The orange puts me immediately in mind of Fernando Kaskais work but he uses very bright orange that grabs you and does not let go. Excellent work.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Marie-Josee

I agree with Steve. Good work. You should have told the third one to keep its mouth shut!

If you are not sure of the post-processing techniques he wrote about just make another post with your questions and I'm sure he will explain what he means. He's very, very nice! I remember you saying that your first language is not English, so some of the words used may require explanation.

Real Name
    Peter

Nice work Mariejo. The colour and simplicity are great. I assume you used a small amount of panning to catch the swans in flight and they are nice and sharp. Well done.

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Yeah, you're right Donald....as a beginner, learning to use my camera is one thing, post processing is an other.. So I don't understand much what was said but will look into it... so, it's a beginning...I keep trying...thanks for all comments... here's the original...didn't do much with it...!!

Silhouette
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 27th January 2011 at 09:50 PM.

Real Name
    Pierre

Another crop that may work, is to crop out the bottom silhouette and a very small portion from the left/right sides.
    Call it "Flight".

Hi,
    Silhouette (worked for you w.Adobe PSE only)