Thread: Lightbox and Elements 7

Lightroom and Elements 7

Do Lightroom and Elements 7 work 'seamlessly' together in the same way as Lightroom and PhotoShop work together?

Regards
    John
    ps. This was originally headed Lightbox and Elements 7 until Dave kindly pointed out my error - it's an age thing! See later post. Thanks Dave
    Last edited by John B Walker; 23rd January 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Lightroom and Elements 7

Quote Originally Posted by John B Walker View Post
    Do Lightbox and Elements 7 work 'seamlessly' together in the same way as Lightbox and PhotoShop work together?

Regards
    John
    Hi John,

I suspect you mean "Lightroom", but yes, I believe they should, we have a few members with that combination; Wendy (ScoutR) comes to mind.

Hi Wendy,

If you see this, how do you get an image from LR into Elements?

Thanks,

Real Name
    Chris

I might not be Wendy, but I can assure you they do work well together. I am currently using Lightroom and PSE 2 with no problems what so ever. And, I did use the trial (when it was out) with no problems as well. Lightroom even lets you select between multiple PSE platforms if you have multiple installed. IE: PSE 2, PSE 8, and PSE 7. The EXIF data then reflects that the Software used is the PSE program and that the Creator Tool used is Lightroom. I am loving Lightroom and would highly recommend it to anyone that has interest.
    Sorry to ramble, I simply like Lightroom that much.

Good Luck,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi John,

I suspect you mean "Lightroom", but yes, I believe they should, we have a few members with that combination; Wendy (ScoutR) comes to mind.

Hi Wendy,

If you see this, how do you get an image from LR into Elements?

Thanks,
    Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply - I do of course mean Lightroom - had lightbox on my mind as i've just bought one for my indoor work. I wondered why I hadn't had any responses to start with - doh! I will try to edit the header.

Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by hoffstriker View Post
    I might not be Wendy, but I can assure you they do work well together. I am currently using Lightroom and PSE 2 with no problems what so ever. And, I did use the trial (when it was out) with no problems as well. Lightroom even lets you select between multiple PSE platforms if you have multiple installed. IE: PSE 2, PSE 8, and PSE 7. The EXIF data then reflects that the Software used is the PSE program and that the Creator Tool used is Lightroom. I am loving Lightroom and would highly recommend it to anyone that has interest.
    Sorry to ramble, I simply like Lightroom that much.

Good Luck,
    Thanks Chris,

A very encouraging answer so it looks like that's the direction I will head in.

Looking forward to using Lightroom - now to find the best buy!

John