Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Something different

Real Name
    Steve

Something different

For me anyway..............................

Something different

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Something different

I know there is a herd of deer just over the hillside! Either way I do like this, nice composition and great sky.

Real Name
    Chris

Interesting....it almost looks like the sky and the trees are two separate images but upon closer examination, I am not sure anyone is nuts enough to sit at a computer for hours clipping out small sections of tree to get the clouds to come through on a masking layer....and, in this instance, I don't see that it matters much since the end result is so striking...nice work, Steve!

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Interesting....it almost looks like the sky and the trees are two separate images but upon closer examination, I am not sure anyone is nuts enough to sit at a computer for hours clipping out small sections of tree to get the clouds to come through on a masking layer....and, in this instance, I don't see that it matters much since the end result is so striking...nice work, Steve!
    Didn't realize how bad that clone was untill you pointed it out to me. There was a small band of trees on the horizon that i didn't like and couldn't get rid of by moving my feet. The only way out was to minimize the area and then clone it.(didn't do a very good job)

Cool looking shot though, i like it. Just going to have to spend the time to make it right.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Subtle, nice

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Subtle, nice
    Thanks Dave

I fixed the clone on this one, anything else i miss?

Something different

Real Name
    Wendy

Something Different gets my vote. Very nice.

I'm not sure if you fixed the clone though. Are you talking about the left horizon - looks like a big clone mark and a few trees left in the clouds

Wendy

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    anything else i miss?

Something different
    Well, since you "asked for it"

On the left, the bright spot in clouds, with a dark spot just below it, is a bit of a distraction, even it was natural.
    Not sure if that's what Wendy means, personally, I didn't, and don't, see anything I could put my finger on and say 'bad cloning' about, but maybe I just can't the trees for the clouds

Cheers,

Real Name
    Wendy

I think we are talking about the same spot Dave. From the top there is the bright spot and then the dark spot and then below that there is a light semi-circular area from the horizon surounded by grey that looks like it might have been a cloning attempt. I'm not sure if this is what Steve thought he had fixed, but it looks the same as in the original post.

Wendy

Real Name
    Steve

The place i cloned was right under the trees. There were a few limbs and tree tops sticking up over the snow line. I didn't clone anything up high.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I don't see what you guys are talking about. LOL! Must be my old eyes. For what it is, I think it should pass as a nice image. Good work, Steve.

Great!!!!!!

Real Name
    Wendy

See below for the area that I'm (and I think Dave) referring too. Sorry about the "calligraphy" I never was very good with etch a sketch.
    Anyway, it's probably just one of those things that would not have bothered me except that I went looking for issues, and now that I see it it won't go away.

I agree with others that this is a great image, and stands as is, but I still think I would like the symmetry of having the clouds on the left match the smooth softness of the clouds on the right. Artificial? maybe, but....

Something different

Wendy

Real Name
    Steve

Wendy, I see what your talking about, and perhaps i should smooth that area out with some cloning. The bottom spot had a small limb sticking up that i cloned out. I should have spent more time on the image before presenting it. I do like the image though. This is what i envisioned, but no matter where i set up for the shot, i couldn't get it isolated.