Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Horse Dressage training

Real Name
    Thierry

Horse Dressage training (pict add 23/01)

For your review.

Thierry

Horse Dressage training

Horse Dressage training
    Last edited by tb72; 23rd January 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: pict. added

Re: Horse Dressage training

Nice composition of the photos. I love the 2nd photo most.

Real Name
    Thierry

Thanks Diane

Real Name
    Chris

I love horse pictures of all kinds and while I do like these, I find the background distractive...perhaps a shallower depth of field and closer crop.

Real Name
    Myra

Thierry, I love the photos you post. In the top one, though, I am seeing two things that I don't usually come across in your work. The whites look overwhite (blown maybe?) and there is very little room at the top of the frame for the rider's head. It appears that she is on the verge of bumping it on the ceiling. Also, rider wise, she is in the act of giving the horse an aid with her spurs. Her toes are down and the horse is looking quite unhappy (His mouth is open, his tail is in the middle of a twitch and both ears are flattened a bit). Please tell me if I am incorrect, as giving a critique is something I have not really done before.

Myra

Real Name
    Thierry

Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer1 View Post
    Thierry, I love the photos you post. In the top one, though, I am seeing two things that I don't usually come across in your work. The whites look overwhite (blown maybe?) and there is very little room at the top of the frame for the rider's head. It appears that she is on the verge of bumping it on the ceiling. Also, rider wise, she is in the act of giving the horse an aid with her spurs. Her toes are down and the horse is looking quite unhappy (His mouth is open, his tail is in the middle of a twitch and both ears are flattened a bit). Please tell me if I am incorrect, as giving a critique is something I have not really done before.

Myra
    Hi Myra,

Thanks for your appreciation of my pictures. I can certify you that the white of horses is high certainly but not blown. Concerning white pieces of the background, to be honnest : perhaps.

On the first one I accept that there are some bugs in the composition position of rider head copared to ceiling...

I don't know if you are used about academic dressage, but it is a very stringent and stressing activity compared to jumping. Positions are defined accurately by some guidelines. the position of hears on the seecond one is not really estethic. DEtails that you mention are happening relatively often except for International tournaments and Hi ranking contests

Real Name
    Thierry

a third picture for review

Horse Dressage training

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by tb72 View Post
    Horse Dressage training
    Yes. A well- constructed image. I very much like how you have composed this and placed all the elements of the picture in the way that you have. Very imaginative. Very effective.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yes. A well- constructed image. I very much like how you have composed this and placed all the elements of the picture in the way that you have. Very imaginative. Very effective.
    Thanks Donald