Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Attentive

Real Name
    Rohn

Attentive

C&C would be appreciated - Another zoo shot - can anyone ID this critter - can't remember what it is - Thanks

attentive.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 18th January 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: add image inline

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Attentive

Rohn, It looks like a Meerkat but I am not so sure. The bright areas are a little bit 'hot' but still OK. I wish you could have added some more 'negative space' or open area on the upper and right side of the subject to balance the composition. Other than that, this is a good image.
    Last edited by jiro; 18th January 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Real Name
    Doug

I have to agree. It looks like a Meerkat.

I thought it was a mongoose because of the stripes, but on looking at the internet pics, I find that some meerkat also have stripes. However, a meerkat's little face seems to have more of a pronounced indentation going down towards the nose than this little critter has so maybe its a mongoose. I like to see a bit of space in the direction that the face is pointing - usually to give an idea of where the eyes are looking at. In this pic, I would probably have cropped it slightly higher to give his face more space even though the eyes are looking down. Not much though, and if this is how it was taken, good pic anyway. I love that, "Can I trust you?" look.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Meercat. They have the little "spectacles" and the darker coloured ears. Mongooses (mongeese?) have same colour across the face and in the ears.

I like the pose and the way you have framed it, but find that bright area at the bottom left a tad distracting.

Real Name
    Rohn

Thaks jiro:
    I agree - I crowded the image with my cropping - I'll try to avoid this in the future

Real Name
    Rohn

Meerkat it is then

Real Name
    Rohn

Thaks Diane Darlow:
    "Can I trust you" I like that - I think it just might be a better title for this shot - it's cropped a little too close I agree - gotta watch that from now on - and yes this is how it was taken - thanks