Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset

Real Name
    Chris

Sunset

I took a different approach in ACR and got much better sky/cloud results tis time. Will go back to the first sunset and see if I can get any more from that image. C&C, Please.

Sunset

Real Name
    Tim

Re: Sunset

I have lived in Florida, and I could feel that is where it was taken. The light is very good.

Real Name
    Steve

The sky looks good chris, but the large tree isn't in focus . I think it would look better having it in sharp focus.

Real Name
    Chris

I think you are right, Steve...weird as it was shot with a fairly good DoF...but stranger things have ahppened..wil shoot it again tonight, but get to do it with a foggy backdrop.

Real Name
    Brian

I like the variation in lighting, the cooler light in the foreground and the richer, warmer light at the top of the tree and on the trees in the background.

I find the placement of the large tree a bit troubling. It divides the photo in two and the rather empty left side of the photo seems to, 'Fall away.' You might try cropping the photo to eliminate much of the empty spcace at the left. You also might want to try a crop such that the tree is near the left side of the image.

Consider experimenting with a darker photograph and more saturation to emphasise the sunset since that is the title of your photo. However, another way to look at is that the title, "Sunset." may make the viewer search for your reason for using the title "Sunset." The answer is there in your photo but you have to look.