Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sexy Girls, and Pretty Flowers

Real Name
    Shane Kupono Costa

Sexy Girls, and Pretty Flowers

I know there aren't any sexy girls in this photo but I needed an eye catcher, so people would look in this thread. Sorry for the disappointment.

I like this photo, but that wire in the left top corner sucks. I tried to used the photoshop patch tool to try to get it out, but it didn't look good at all, so I didn't save it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Sexy Girls, and Pretty Flowers

I am sure I can see some sexy girls in the background but at my age I am still trying to focus.

It is very hard to clone out bits when you have such a subtle tonal range. I normally do the best I can with cloning and the switch to the spot healing brush and (not making it too big) go over the area to establish the subtle tones. You might have to switch back a forth a little to get the end result you want.

Here is literally a 20 second go at the wire.

Real Name
    Shane Kupono Costa

wow. i'm gonna give it a go.

Real Name
    Chris

I didn't find the wire annoying or out of place..au contraire, now I look at the quick fix and the flower seems to float in an unsupported state...it's lost some of its naturalness.

Real Name
    Shane Kupono Costa

Here's the second attempt. Much better than my first. I also changed the lighting a little to try to darken the area a little and guide the eye away from it.

And as I promised....

Thanks!

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pono View Post
    Here's the second attempt. Much better than my first. I also changed the lighting a little to try to darken the area a little and guide the eye away from it.

And as I promised....

Thanks!
    That looks like Haleiwa...but dang, it's been a long time since I was there... As to the print, sans the eye candy, I don't have a problem with it being cropped much tighter and nearly square, if not totally so...like this:

It is not that it is a bad image, but I kept wondering what all that space on the right was doing to make the left side look better, and the conclusion I came to, it wasn't...and therefore, by my own compostional ideals, it has to go.......but it is also quite obvious, I am not an expert by any means...

rob marshall

It might be stating the obvious, but why not move the wire stake before you take the shot? I do it all the time. It's worth carrying a small piece of wire in your camera bag. It comes in handy for holding all sorts of things in place. In this case you could have removed the wire stake and replaced it with your own wire for support.

But don't listen to me - I'm a control freak

Real Name
    Peter

Nice work Shane. You seem to have got hold of the concept. It was a little trick I fell across having the same problem you did.

As for Rob and his wire - don't you just wish you were that organised?