Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Just out having a fun shoot today...C&C Welcomed, Embraced and much Needed

Real Name
    Chris

Just out having a fun shoot today...C&C Welcomed, Embraced and much Needed

Lost & Found

Baring One's Soul

In the Catbird Seat

This is Where We Part

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Re: Just out having a fun shoot today...C&C Welcomed, Embraced and much Needed

Wow, they are all nice !!

Here's my own play: Ostrich'feathers tree...but I took it in ' raw' and now, I can't edit it with what I use regularly: I guess it doesn't take the raw suffix! Here what I could do though...

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mariejo View Post
    Wow, they are all nice !!

Here's my own play: Ostrich'feathers tree...but I took it in ' raw' and now, I can't edit it with what I use regularly: I guess it doesn't take the raw suffix! Here what I could do though...

What editing program are you using?

Real Name
    Al

Photo #1: Love it. Wouldn't change it a bit, wish I had taken it. I can smell the creosote from here.

#2: Well done, but.... The problem is, this shot has been well done so many times by so many people that I only wish I could see this particular version with fresh eyes. I hate to sound so jaded as a newbie, but I started deleting these shots from my camera a couple months ago before they were even downloaded, because they all seem cliche to me. I don't know if there's any level of technical perfection that can bring the subject back to life, but it's like a great tune that has just been played so often that it has become annoying.

#3: Personally, I'd crop a about the lower third, and I wonder if maybe a slightly higher angle wouldn't be better in this case. A gradient color matting is perfect for this shot.

#4: I wonder what this would look like with a longer lens to shorten the distance to the building. It's interesting as is, but the exaggerated distance makes the "parting" implied by the track switch seem more eventual than imminent.

Real Name
    Elise

I don't know, I really like #2, but maybe then I just like cliches I saw some potential for a texture out of it . . .

I like #1 a lot, too.

Real Name
    Chris

Use it if you like...I thought the same thing and might at some point...

Real Name
    Joanne

I really liked the Catbird Seat too. I am not a tchotchke type (and I don't own a cat) but I wouldn't mind having that guy on my mantle.

Real Name
    Chris

I have two of them but the other one was just a wee bit out of focus..will reshoot him at another time...

Merrrroooooooooooow

This is a quick & dirty edit, and it really shows...
    Last edited by MiniChris; 9th January 2011 at 04:46 AM.