Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: White on White

Real Name
    Chris

White on White

Taking Jiro's cue, I went in search of a white on white image just to see what I could do and to challenge my newly forming abilities in ACR and SEP. The shot below is not far from what came out of the camera (other than being a B&W conversion) and I can't decide if I should just go ahead and increase the shadow structure, but risk losing the "whiteness." I would love some opinions as this one is a "I dunno-er."

The second image is just more practice using Silver Efex Pro. It got me out of the house, off my duff and out thinking a bit.

White on White

White on White

Real Name
    Debbie

Re: White on White

White on White

I really like the white on white, great texture, shadows and lines. I'm very envious of folks that can turn the ordinary objects and spaces of everyday life into fabulous images.

Debbie

Real Name
    Elise

I dunno about the first one -- for me, it doesn't have a focus -- just too white. It's a good shot, though -- lots of nice detail.

I like the second one -- very nice low perspective and lines.

Here's one I did years ago for a white on white macro challenge (it's so funny to me that at this point I can say "years ago" about a photograph):

White on White

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

The first one...mmm..doesn't quite ring my bells. Maybe because my eye doesn't end up going anywhere but out of the frame.

The second though (even though you didn't really ask for c & c ) does ring 'em. Love the very strong leading lines, the low viewpoint and the b & w effects.