Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kelby Training

Real Name
    Chris

Kelby Training

Whoohoo - lots of good stuff in here. I've already done the 7-Point System and am now practicing it...nice thing is with two monitors, I can run one and play with the other at the same time, pausing when necessary or advancing to another section.

Simple, straight forward video instruction and a thread where you can ask questions that still confuse you and you can repeat any one part as often as you like.
    Colin was right about it being better than any one book, though I find the book helps to figure out the how to get from here to there, which is what some parts of the program sort of just zip by.

I went ahead and took a good overview look sat Lightroom so when I install it, I will have somewhat of a clue as to how it all works..well, at least how to get in and out and organize at a base level.

I would recommend it to anyone just getting started in Digital Photography/Post Production editing.

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

Re: Kelby Training

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Whoohoo - lots of good stuff in here. I've already done the 7-Point System and am now practicing it...nice thing is with two monitors, I can run one and play with the other at the same time, pausing when necessary or advancing to another section.

Simple, straight forward video instruction and a thread where you can ask questions that still confuse you and you can repeat any one part as often as you like.
    Colin was right about it being better than any one book, though I find the book helps to figure out the how to get from here to there, which is what some parts of the program sort of just zip by.

I went ahead and took a good overview look sat Lightroom so when I install it, I will have somewhat of a clue as to how it all works..well, at least how to get in and out and organize at a base level.

I would recommend it to anyone just getting started in Digital Photography/Post Production editing.
    Chris

I have to agree. I am currently moving to Texas and I will sign up when I et there, but he lives in Ocala,FL

Real Name
    Chris

Kelby lives in Ocala...my son lives in Ocala...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I totally agree that learning photoshop from video tutorials is much faster and easier than learning from books. In fact, I believe this applies to softwares too.

A video is able to visually demonstrate the steps needed to be performed in order to execute a given task. From a video, you'll know exactly which menus to open, and where the buttons are located. A book, in comparison, requires you to search (hihg and low) where the tools are. This is an excruciating and painful process. I remember reading Scott Kelby's (old) CS4 book for digital photographers with much agony. Many a times, I felt like giving up altogether. Honestly, it was worse than reading college/university textbooks.

Don't get me wrong though! Scott kelby's book is informative and pretty much exhaustive. But because it's a book, I won't recommend it. The Kelby Training is a much more efficient and easier way of learning photoshop.