Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More Ice!

More Ice!

More Ice!
    AV 1/6 F10 42mm pattern ISO100

What do you think? I have some thoughts but would like to know if you mention them, first, before I ask.

More Ice!
    same as above except 55mm

Also, if you saw this scene, how would you have shot this? What metering would you have used and what would you have taken your metering off of?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: More Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    More Ice!
    What do you think? I have some thoughts but would like to know if you mention them, first, before I ask.
    The colours look wrong to me. They don't look natural.

Also, if you saw this scene, how would you have shot this?
    Don't know. Because all I'm seeing here is the rectangle that you've chosen to show me. I don't know what's at the left or the right, the top or the bottom. I may have composed a very different pair of images.

What metering would you have used and what would you have taken your metering off of?
    I tend to have everything set on spot metering and go with that all the time. I would take it off what I thought was a mid-point and then check the histogram to see if I was getting blinkies ... and adjust to taste.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: More Ice!

Hi Donald,

I think there might have been some odd values used for sharpening and/or Local Contrast Enhancement to me and I think it happened before downsizing.

The colours look OK to me, but with white set by the sunlit 'foam', the rest of the 'foamy' water just looks a fairly uniform grey tone, which also looks odd. My depth perception of exactly what I am looking at has escaped me. Possibly a faster shutter speed would have helped, the water is just a bit too smooth.

Hi Katy,

Does it look like what you saw?

It might be worth posting a large unprocessed jpg or better still RAW so that one or two of us could have a go and see if the result is more what either you (the important one) or us, think looks more natural.

The second one also looks over sharpened I'm afraid.

Cheers,