Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable

I have been scanning a lot of photographs and trying to use the shortcuts that exist in Lightroom when importing them.

I probably used an incorrect shortcut incorrectly, which caused the error and I am having immense difficulty getting out of.

I checked the permissions in the folder and they seem to be correct.

I even asked Germini and ChatGPT but the answers were inconclusive, not allowing me to overcome the problem.

I would not want to reinstall Lightroom in any way because it makes me waste a lot of time.
    Does anyone here have any interesting and useful suggestion for this purpose ?

I would be very grateful.

Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Re: Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable

Reply to myself
    And I must go and read this or/and this carefully.

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

The reply to those who may be interested in this issue is here.

Real Name
    Dan

I don't use a Mac, so I don't understand the fine points of the Mac OS handling of files and can't help with that.

However, with the subscription based Lightroom classic, uninstalling and reinstalling lightroom classic is trivial. See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/commu...classic.37335/. I would just make sure your catalog is backed up, or make a copy of it somewhere else.