Thread: Exhibition in Limoges

Real Name
    David

Exhibition in Limoges

I will be exhibiting at the Photolim annual exhibition in Limoges in a few weeks. For some years the show has been held in the underground exhibition space belonging to the Compagnons de la tour de France (nothing to do with cycling, it's a professional body that trains highly skilled manual craftsmen such as stonemasons and a tour of their sites around France is part of the training). This exhibition space was in many ways ideal with no natural light, so lighting could be perfectly controlled, but it had the problem that the ceilings were vaulted, meaning that the walls were curved and you could not hang pictures directly - you had to create a suspended structure to hold the frames... Enough of the historic problems!

This year the exhibition is in a new space in the former army barracks Caserne Marceau - a vast hall lit by numerous skylights, should be close to ideal. My slot is three 1m20 wide 2m high display grids. I'm planning to show a part of my series "The Year in Still Life", seasonal products for each month of the year. There is only space for 6 (frames 40x50cm and 40x60cm) so this is how I plan to exhibit them :

Exhibition in Limoges
    Last edited by Chataignier; 30th April 2024 at 07:31 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Exhibition in Limoges

Those grids are a common fixture at art shows here as well. I have a show coming in November, but I get a little more space than you do; 2m high and 8m linear space.

Congratulations - well done! I find showing art to the public is a lot of fun, and even more fun when a few pieces sell.

Real Name
    Bill

I enjoyed these as they were posted here. Best wishes for success in the exhibition.

Real Name
    Ole

Congratulations David. Waiting for more news about the exhibition.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Dan

Congratulations!

I think the way you plan to use different sizes should be very effective.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Well done David