Ern!! a Few Bob To.....

up the fireplace in...

Ern!! a Few Bob To.....

the new Des Res

Ern!! a Few Bob To.....

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Ern!! a Few Bob To.....

I am hoping it is because I am on a computer not my own tht these images seem a bit off-focus. If they were shot in film, I'd say you used F/11 when you should have used 16 or even 22. They seem to me not to be at the sharpest point of the lens.

Compositionally, I like the first one the best even though it is a bit too busy with both the jug and agave plant fighting for the foreground and the backgroud with no particular focal point. The second one is definitely soft in focus and could be stopped down a notch or two and it wouldn't hurt to eliminate the green window sill as it becomes distracting against to the other very pastel oranges and pinks. This one also begs a centralized focal point...someplace the eye can comfrotably come to a rest.

I think I would have shot the third image on the vertical, letting the sky become more important to the image. The lush green in the foreground works the eye up to the house and the upper window holds attention for a few seconds, but they eye tends to wander both to the left and right as there is nothing there that pushed the eye back. Crop this one at the edge of the first tree and get in some more sky, keeping the smae low angle and I think you'll have a much stronger image.

First though, take several shots at the same place at differing F/stops and see which one produces the sharpest detail.