Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Christmas in the eyes of my youngest kid.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Christmas in the eyes of my youngest kid.

We were visited by my wife's sister this Christmas and they brought along some gifts for my kids. They decided to take some rest from the long trip but before doing so they gave each kid the corresponding gift boxes. Seeing this moment as an opportunity to capture some nice expressions on my kids face, I hurriedly took my D70 with a 50mm lens and fire away some shots. I think he really enjoyed receiving the biggest box among the 3. Grin

Christmas in the eyes of my youngest kid.
    Christmas in the eyes of a child2 by jiro bau, on Flickr
    Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D70, 50mm f1.8D lens, exposure at f2.2 at 1/40 sec in Manual Mode, Built-in Flash fired at -1.7EV compensation, B&W conversion using Silver Efex Pro.
    Last edited by jiro; 27th December 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Re: Christmas in the eyes of my youngest kid.

This photo says it all and has got a good chuckle out of me. Is that your wife? She looks like I did on Christmas morning!←it's a yawning smilie!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    This photo says it all and has got a good chuckle out of me. Is that your wife? She looks like I did on Christmas morning!←it's a yawning smilie!
    Nope, She's actually my wife's sister. She's pretending to be totally asleep but can't hold that smile off her face when she heard my little kid shouting "I got the biggest gift from you all."

Real Name
    Elise

Great capture, Jiro -- was he just as happy when he found out what was inside?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    Great capture, Jiro -- was he just as happy when he found out what was inside?
    Yes, Ma'am. It was actually a big box of LEGO toy. I guess Christmas is really more enjoyed by kids compared to adults.

Real Name
    Martyn

Jiro you caught a great expression in your child, the other expression doesnt work for me personally but i guess for most it would make a great juxtapose, ie the two sides of christmas, nice catch. cheers martyn

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by nomadr View Post
    Jiro you caught a great expression in your child, the other expression doesnt work for me personally but i guess for most it would make a great juxtapose, ie the two sides of christmas, nice catch. cheers martyn
    You are right, Martyn. When I was waiting for that right expression on my kid's face I am also aware of the other expression on his aunt. I deliberately included her on the frame to show the opposite expressions. I think it makes the shot more interesting. Thanks for the comment and thank you, too for viewing.