Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Why?????

Real Name
    Yegor

Why?????

Tell to me, please, why in all night photos the sky very violet???

Why?????

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: Why?????

also this one

Why?????

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I think it has something to do with Rayleigh Scattering effect. Blue and Violet being short wavelength colors they tend to scatter more than longer wavelength colors like Red and yellow. Just an opinion.

Real Name
    Yegor

Hm-m-m.....can be. I was trying with filters,but it's didn't help

These photos seem to have been taken with very long exposure times - 25 and 30 seconds. Given the dark conditions, I'm not sure what the color should be - maybe the sky is a little violet under those lighting conditions. I appears that these photos were taken as jpegs with in-camera saturation set at high - this explains the oversaturated colors. In the future, try reducing the saturation to normal. Better yet, take some similar photos in Raw mode and try processing them with the software that came with the camera. This will give you more options for the white balance and more control over the color saturation. Also, you might be able to recover more of the highlights near the lights in the photos.

Real Name
    Chris

I am going to take a shot at saying your color balance isn't set correctly. You should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500K and I suspect you are more like 7500 or 8000K. You can try auto WB, or if your camera allows it, set it for whatever color balance you want. Nice thing about digital is the ability to instantly check, adjust and reshoot.
    They are also at least 1 stop, more likely two stops overexposed. I tell my students to think of everything in units of light. In these two photos, you have two more units than you need...the cake is burned. Each f-stop, each shutter speed, ISO number is a unit of light. If you are familiar with Type 2 diabetes, you will know that we count every carbohydrate as a sugar and we know how many sugars we can have at any one sitting. In our count, we get to subtract fiber and 1/2 our sugar alcohols. This is very much like working with light and time. We give some, take some but always end up with an optimum number.
    Last edited by MiniChris; 25th December 2010 at 06:37 PM.

Real Name
    Yegor

Many thanks! It really helps