Thread: Traditional Orthdox Wedding

Real Name
    raymond

Traditional Orthdox Wedding

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Re: Traditional Orthdox Wedding

I love the third one....it really captures the spirit of the occasion.

Real Name
    Michal

I've never done an orthodox wedding, seems very interesting to watch and eventful from the photographers perspective!

Real Name
    raymond

Tobil ill provide some more captures thank you comments.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Hello Raymond,

I looked at many of your photos in Flickr: you have an eye for capturing peoples' candid moments - especially children were well captured in your portfolio.

Regarding the Wedding Images above, it occurs to me that you were in dimly lit surrounds and not allowed (or chose not) to use Flash.

This resulted in some captures at very slow shutter speeds, displaying Camera Movement Blur and/or Subject Movement Blur, which detracts from those images.

In these situations, consider bumping the ISO to allow a faster Shutter Speed.

Reviews of your camera indicate reasonable performance at ISO3200 and ISO6400 - I advise using these faster speeds for the conditions that you faced.

Additionally, your zoom lenses (both of them) are Variable Maximum Aperture Zoom Lenses - this means that at the wider focal length, the lens will be able to achieve its fastest Aperture: which is actually a good situation to exploit when making indoor candid portraiture at an event and using only available light.

The point here is that you can shoot wide and crop later in Post Production: doing this allows one to concentrate more on capturing the moment (i.e. Shutter Release TIMING) and less about Framing the Shot.

WW