Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ruined Telescope

Real Name
    Dante Apolinar

Ruined Telescope

The remnant from devastating Canberra bushfire ruined this magnificent telescope....
    taken from Mt Stromlo.

Ruined Telescope

C&C welcome. Thank you.

Real Name
    Elise

Re: Ruined Telescope

Wow. Having lived for 20 years at an astronomical observatory (Lick Observatory, Mt. Hamilton, CA), I find this picture very moving. Was it a historical telescope? Was it something that can never be replaced?

As far as the photo is concerned, there's a bit of a halo around the telescope base (I assume that's what the structure in the middle is). Did you intend that?
    Last edited by mythlady; 18th December 2010 at 04:06 AM.

Real Name
    Dante Apolinar

Re: Ruined Telescope

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    Wow. Having lived for 20 years at an astronomical observatory (Lick Observatory, Mt. Hamilton, CA), I find this picture very moving. Was it a historical photograph? Was it something that can never be replaced?

As far as the photo is concerned, there's a bit of a halo around the telescope base (I assume that's what the structure in the middle is). Did you intend that?
    Its is a quite historical shot, they replaced the telescope, i think they want this remnant to be preserved for the people to know what really the bushfire can do...cheers