Chess, King and pawns

Hello Guys

Happy Xmas.

Regards
    Denis A. Jeanneret

Nikon D90, AF NIKKOR 60 mm 2.8, F14 1/60

_dsc0071_7190_s.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carregwen; 16th December 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: enlarged image

Re: Chess, King and pawns

Hi Denis

Welcome to CiC. I enlarged your image for you from the thumbnail. The instructions on posting images are in the link below.

If you haven't already done so, please make sure that you read post #1 of this thread HERE which will help you get started. And especially our Code of Conduct in the FAQ HERE

Headline: Mods fall over one another!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

But other Mod edits this post to say sorry for getting in the way ... and deletes his original.

Helllo

My english it not perfect. is something is wrong from me ?

Regards
    Den

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    But other Mod edits this post to say sorry for getting in the way ... and deletes his original.
    I was going to, but as I'm the perfect gentleman I thought I'd defer to you. Anyway, it was quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Big Cat View Post
    _dsc0071_7190_s.jpg
    Denis

It's a good shot subject, and the composition in the foreground is quite good. I find the white Queen very bright - was there some distinct light shining on it? It does tend to draw the eye first before I come back to the front King. What white-balance did you use? It looks a little warm to me. Perhaps s slightly cooler WB would have been better. Some of the background problems could have been avoided had you shot it with a wider aperture - say, f/4. Good attempt though at a tricky shot.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Helllo

My english it not perfect. is something is wrong from me ?
    Denis

No. there was nothing wrong from you. Rob and I both tried top post a similar message at the same time, saying that we had posted your image inline. But I changed my one to avoid confusion.

Hello

Thanks for your interest on this pic.
    I have used a SB900 flashgun and and another source of light (Home made using a Mag-lite !) in the plan of the chess board. White Balance was settled to AUTO. Your comment is very interesting, I'll replay this shoot by taking in consideration a new wider aperture and bring down K temperature. I had tried 2.8 but it was not the same thing and I had prefered this one, anyway I'll redo it ! I'm a beginner, it's good to experiment.

A question. I have posted another pic for December contest but how to enlarge the pic. Is TinyPic a specific tool ?

Thank you very much !
    Den
    Last edited by Canadian Big Cat; 16th December 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

A question. I have posted another pic for December contest but how to enlarge the pic. Is TinyPic a specific tool ?
    Den

Please click here and read this thread. This should help you with posting images into your messages. If this does not help, then please come back. Dave and Rob are much better at explaining how to do this than I am.

Thanks Donald !

I'll read it.

Good continuation, excellent Web Site.
    Regards
    Den

Thanks for the enhancement here on the pic size.

Have a good continuation,
    regards
    Den