Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: It's coming ...... Oldnesssss

Real Name
    Yegor

It's coming ...... Oldnesssss

It's little out of focus - i decide to make so, anyway opla!!!

Last edited by Dave Humphries; 13th December 2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Moved posts to more appropriate place

Real Name
    Elise

Re: Its coming.......oldnesssssssss

I like this, Yegor -- I really like that the background is fuzzy, and there's enough sharpness about the lady that she really stands out from the surroundings. I can feel her moving slowly through the scene.

Real Name
    Yegor

"I can feel her moving slowly through the scene" -and i remember well the Marathon,that i've done 2 make this shot))))) she moved very quickly and vigorously

Real Name
    Yegor

This shot is beautiful! May I know how you made her so sharp and dark while everything else seems to be so dull? ;]

Real Name
    Peter

I do like this Yegor. The subject matter is priceless. The soft focus really works for me and her dark coat sets her apart from the surroundings. What I do like is the line of the fence she is following is broken before it hits the left edge (potentially taking the viewer out of the image) by the wire fence. Your vision is blocked (I call this a visual ‘full stop’) so you start exploring the background with another path leading you back into the image BUT you eye keeps bouncing back to the main subject, being the strongest and sharpest part of the image. Wonderful construction of the image.

Real Name
    Peter

I do like this Yegor. The subject matter is priceless. The soft focus really works for me and her dark coat sets her apart from the surroundings. What I do like is the line of the fence she is following is broken before it hits the left edge (potentially taking the viewer out of the image) by the wire fence. Your vision is blocked (I call this a visual ‘full stop’) so you start exploring the background with another path leading you back into the image BUT you eye keeps bouncing back to the main subject, being the strongest and sharpest part of the image. Wonderful construction of the image.

This photo has that "transcendence". It's beyond a photo - it's another world. Lovely!

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by UtopianStardust View Post
    This shot is beautiful! May I know how you made her so sharp and dark while everything else seems to be so dull? ;]
    It's my little secret! ))) it not so easy,but when u do the shot,4 example with focus length 18, u must quickly change it to 20...just a little bit,however.....so u out of focus and your subject seems more dull! Another way - programm,but i don't like to transform with any programm.....maybe brightness and sharpness ONLY
    Last edited by Skitalez; 14th December 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Real Name
    Yegor

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    thanx a lot!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    It's my little secret! ))) it not so easy,but when u do the shot,4 example with focus length 18, u must quickly change it to 20...
    Yegor

Are you meaning that you rotated the focal length from 18mm to 20mm during the shot, or that you moved the focusing ring to create the slight blur?

Real Name
    Yegor

why there was such precise blur - do not know (((((I only have added sharpnesses and has a little blacked out. To strengthen effect!
    U see near a little....dark mist?I have increased contrast. Rare case of application of the editor. I do not made it perfect, it's a style of a shot,but why so dull - have no idea! I thing, becouse i've change the focal length.....Or!!!from 19 to 18. I don't remember well now
    and i have done focus on the wall,and then has displaced on the woman
    and yes-i was rotated the focal length
    Last edited by Skitalez; 14th December 2010 at 06:00 PM.

Real Name
    Yegor

its like this foto
    It's very strange shot! I don't know what is it....shadow,light or something else.....the photo with oldnesssss -i have done it so, and i'm glad! I like this shot even if can't explain it well

Real Name
    Yegor

I can not find. I met at a forum the photo, made in a similar way. In violet color