Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloudscape and others

Cloudscape and others

Nice eleven mile walk today along the Pembrokeshire coast. Very cold, but the light was very good.

How I long for a 9-5 job again.

C&C welcome.

Newgale beach near the start

Cloudscape and others

Nolton Haven beach on the way back

Cloudscape and others

Cloudscape after sunset. A three shot panorama.

Cloudscape and others

Re: Cloudscape and others

Not too bad for a point-and-shoot, eh? It was the only camera I had taken along.

p1100649.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Chris

I know this will sound picky-ish, but my first impression of the walk out was ho hum...but only because I didn't like the placement of the figure...so, I moved her and even so, not sure if she wouldn't look better in a more back position than where I have her placed.

Cloudscape and others

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by UtopianStardust View Post
    Not too bad for a point-and-shoot, eh? It was the only camera I had taken along.

p1100649.jpg
    Hi US. Good to see your work. There is a lot of potential here and you were probably limited by the P&S camera but moving the boat a little bit further into the scene and giving it a bit of space on side would help the balance. I am not sure if you could have moved to the right or had a longer lens to help this along but the colours and sky are just great.

Real Name
    Peter

I have been following your rambles and a good friend of mine in the south of England always holidays in Wales and I can see why now. The coast line is beautiful and you get some great light to work with.

Do you do anything with your images Rob or just take them for your own viewing and posting here of course? I know you have a decent printer and, as you already know, many of these would be great blown up. I am sure many people would be interested in your work. Your use of light and composition is excellent.

Real Name
    Dante Apolinar

Love to chase clouds and take photos at it....here's my bit hope you like it...
    This was taken from Lake Burley Griffin, capture the old Australian Parliament triangle...

Cloudscape and others

p1100649.jpg
    Utopian

Mine were shot with a Panasonic G1, which although it's not a P&S, it is a pretty cheap DSLR at £450, including the lens. It's not my main camera - I just use it for walking/mountain-biking as it's so light.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    I have been following your rambles and a good friend of mine in the south of England always holidays in Wales and I can see why now. The coast line is beautiful and you get some great light to work with.

Do you do anything with your images Rob or just take them for your own viewing and posting here of course? I know you have a decent printer and, as you already know, many of these would be great blown up. I am sure many people would be interested in your work. Your use of light and composition is excellent.
    I am extremely fortunate (and I don't forget it) to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Within an hour I can access 250 miles of stunning coast, and also some very nice mountains and hills. We have some of the best technical mountain bike routes in Europe, and miles of open space.

I do sell some of my images. I had a phase up until last year where I was quite organized, and I really do need to get myself together and do it properly.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Nice eleven mile walk today along the Pembrokeshire coast. Very cold, but the light was very good.

How I long for a 9-5 job again.

Cloudscape and others
    That's so odd, I long for the opposite, less time at the 9-5 job so I can take more photographs.

another little contribute to this thread,
    a cloudy sunset on mediterranean sea from an hill.. with a lot of ISo noise!
    have a nice evening!
    Nicola

Cloudscape and others

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Great to see a photograph of Newgale Rob. It takes me back to when the children were young and we holidayed in a cottage overlooking the beach on more than one occasion.
    Happy days!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    another little contribute to this thread,
    a cloudy sunset on mediterranean sea from an hill.. with a lot of ISo noise!
    have a nice evening!
    Nicola

Cloudscape and others
    Wow, Nicola! What a gift to be there at that moment.

Rob, I think that all of your shots from the shore are keeping me going. I've had a tremendous craving for salty sea air for two years, now. I'm land locked! Of course, the sunset with the god rays is a "wower" but I really appreciate the panorama. The clouds have so much movement and texture and, ... rats! I don't know how to explain it. There's something about the progression of those gorgeous colors, from the sea to the sunset to the clouds to the clean sky above, that I just love. Yes, I just love it!

why thank you. Actually, there WAS room to move, it just never crossed my mind to do that! and this might sound stupid, but the sunset feature on my camera wasn't making the micture as orange as I would have liked, so I put my sunglasses in from of the lens of my camera. I basically used my sunglasses as a filter to give it a nice tint.what an ameture thing to do!

thanks Katy!
    the scene was really impressive and disquieting... I tried to capture it with this picture.
    someone else would make it better for sure

... the sunset feature on my camera wasn't making the micture as orange as I would have liked, so I put my sunglasses in from of the lens of my camera. I basically used my sunglasses as a filter to give it a nice tint.what an ameture thing to do!

Cloudscape and others Very good, Utopian. I downplay my shots by telling everyone what a cheap camera I used, and you go one better and tell us your filter secrets. I really must try that!

Real Name
    Suzanne

why thank you. Actually, there WAS room to move, it just never crossed my mind to do that! and this might sound stupid, but the sunset feature on my camera wasn't making the micture as orange as I would have liked, so I put my sunglasses in from of the lens of my camera. I basically used my sunglasses as a filter to give it a nice tint.what an ameture thing to do!
    Brilliant! Now that's thinking on your feet.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    Originally Posted by UtopianStardust Cloudscape and others
    Brilliant! Now that's thinking on your feet.
    I agree. That's called improvisation and shows a brilliant ability to analyse and assess what's going to produce the desired result. That's going to be a big plus point to hold onto as your knowledge and skills grow and develop. Well done.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Cloudscape and others
    Nicola

Your image demonstrates to us all what good timing is about. We, of course, do not know what the scene looked like one minute before or one minute after you took the photograph. But it difficult to imagine that the line of the cloud could have been producing a more dramatic effect.

I do not know how long you waited for that scene to develop, or whether you were fortunate and arrived at the location just as this view was created. But, your timing was exceptional and has helped produce a very dramatic image.

good evening Donald
    this scene has kept this behaviour for a few minutes. What I remember is that I waited the cloud had run to the left in order to shot one second before the sun were uncovered by the cloud itself and should began to shine directly to me.
    honestly it wasn't so complicated because I was walking around with the intent of making photos...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast