Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like.....

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Tis, truly, The Season of wonder - Christmas, Chanukah, even Kwaanza! It's hard not to snap at all of the lights, decorations and festivities. So, (while we are, also, busy posting our photos into fresh threads, elsewhere, and asking brilliant, pertinent questions about them) I would love to see all of your creative shots, from around the world, of this special time. What does it "look a lot like" to you?

If you're a Grinch or a Scrooge, Go Away! (or show us up with your own brilliant skills in photographing it. )

I'm particularly interested to know in what creative ways you've captured it.

I SHOULD go first but, we don't have a lick of snow, yet, and, feeling completely uninspired, until it comes, I don't have ANY decorations out, yet.

Here is one that I took, last year, with my Kodak Easy Share point and shoot. It was, I think, my first attempt at photography (vs. just a "picture of")!

Last edited by Katy Noelle; 3rd December 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Tis, indeed...

Re: Tis, indeed...

Hey, thanks Chris! (Is this in your classroom?) Now, THERE's an idea - B&W Christmas!

Real Name
    Chris

Taken in a little town on the coast called "Seaside." There is a similar community built by the same folks somewhere on the English coast.

Real Name
    Bill

I can relate to the Seaside, Lovely Xmas images Katy, Just our xmas is a little different coming into Summer , wish we had some snow

Taken in a little town on the coast called "Seaside." There is a similar community built by the same folks somewhere on the English coast.
    That explains the crab.....
    I can relate to the Seaside, Lovely Xmas images Katy, Just our xmas is a little different coming into Summer , wish we had some snow
    Exactly! Actually, that's part of the point! I was thinking about Christmas in Australia and wondering what it was like "down" there. I'd love to see! (However, it is still early for many, yet.) Also, I'd love to have my ideas of just "pointing and shooting" expanded (although, I have a few more, this year, just no decorations or snow, yet. )

Real Name
    Steve

Angel

This was from last year - haven't put up the tree yet this year.

This is the current owner of the 35mm that took both shots.

Last edited by sleist; 6th December 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Re: Angel

Quote Originally Posted by sleist View Post
    This is the current owner of the 35mm that took both shots.
    This is super fun! Is he a relation of yours? It lookes like the "shooting stars" on his shirt are glowing.

Thanks for posting!

Real Name
    Mary

This is just about the only decoration I've gotten done so far... No bah humbug here... just no time!

Real Name
    Mary

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Katy, I love this! It reminds me of those I Spy kid's books that my kids used to love when they were little...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    This is just about the only decoration I've gotten done so far... No bah humbug here... just no time!
    Thanks, Mary! This is GORGEOUS! I love "natural" Christmas! So simple and fresh! I have got to get a more "serious" photo of Christmas to post here. Seriously! If only it would snow....

Real Name
    John Millward

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
    You can have all of ours!

And Katy "Noelle" - now there's a Christmas name.

Will take some wintry phots tomorrow.

Real Name
    Chris

Only in America

Well, here it is....truely the gaudiest decorated house in America. I've hear it told that airline pilots can see this house 8 miles out...scary, eh? I'll shoot a better image tomorrow when I have my camera with me and not a P&S cheeser camera.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Only in America

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Well, here it is....truely the gaudiest decorated house in America.
    I think we can assume this person hasn't really understood the message about global warming and about preserving the earth's resources by not unnecessarily wasting energy.

Real Name
    Chris

I think those are both valid points, but I think he must do it because he hates his neighbors. Every night, there are hundreds of cars, many of whom drive 50 or 60 miles to marvel at this God-awful display... His electric bill would probablypay my salary for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think we can assume this person hasn't really understood the message about global warming and about preserving the earth's resources by not unnecessarily wasting energy.
    I hate to say it, I think it's wonderful! Why be mediocre? This is from the girl who recycles in every way possible, energy efficient lights and everything else, all natural cleaners, hardly drives anywhere, etc., etc. In the dark month of December, though, for a little less than a month, I support my local farmers and have two trees covered in lights blazing. I'm so glad that Christmas comes when it does (it's not a coincidence) - we need the warmth and glow. So, "Merry bah humbug to you, too!"

(Although, you may be right! They may have missed the memo about global warming. Also, Suzy and I did wonder if they were going to short out the whole Eastern Seaboard.)

Thanks, Chris, for posting!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I hate to say it, I think it's wonderful! Why be mediocre?
    Mmmm? You need to get that brown towel out and put it over your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Mmmm? You need to get that brown towel out and put it over your head!
    I am, now, going to break the rules of conduct and use only a smilie......

Real Name
    Suzanne

That is so funny. Kattttty and I were, indeed, just saying we needed to post a pic of one of those ridiculous houses. I think though that the feeling Katy and I get, and why we love it despite its obvious obnoxiousness is that it remind us of our childhood.

However, Katy you have a very valid point and that is . . . it does gets very dark here mid winter.

Not sure if I should make a comment about Scotsmen or not, yet. (hee hee) Best not
    Last edited by Suzanne; 8th December 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Real Name
    Suzanne

One more comment.

You have to love that he's even put lights laying down on the lawn, where no one BUT the pilots will see them. LOL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast