Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon 24mm PC-E f3.5 lens

Dartmoor, Devon, ENGLAND the most beautiful place in Britain
    Real Name
    Kevin Peden

Nikon 24mm PC-E f3.5 lens

Hi All

I'm New to all this forum stuff, so please be patient.

Is there anyone out there that has experience with the 24m f3.5 PC-E LENS???

What I would like to know is :- Is the performance, in terms of sharpness, as good when used as a conventional 24mm wide prime as I'm told it does when used as a shift lens ???? or would I get a better performance from, say, the 24mm f1.4 prime wide lens????

My wedding and portrait business has just been sold, so I'm taking up landscape, cityscape and a bit of street photography among others as personal projects.

I have been a wedding, portrait and event photographer for the most part of my civilian life. Now its time for me and my own projects. I don't believe in buying equipment for the sake of it, at the same time, I don't believe in buying "CHEAP" as it has to work hard and earn it's keep.

Most of my wedding and portrait work has involved using Large and Medium format gear, although I have owned and used the Nikon F2, F4, F5, F6, however, I went totally digital a couple of years ago and sold all my film gear, something I regret a little, as I miss the magic of film processing & printing but not the cost.
    I now have 2 x Nikon D3s bodies & a D700 and plethora of prime and zoom lenses. However, the 24mm PC-E lens seems ideal for landscape and cityscape as well as for street photography when used as a conventional 24mm lens.

Has anyone gone any opinions/experience ref. this lens or an alternative.

Kev.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Nikon 24mm PC-E f3.5 lens

Kevin

Couldn't tell you anything about this lens or how it performs compared to others.

But this site gives you a review of the lens and allows you to make comparisons between it and other lenses (by checking relevant boxes you get details on lenses lined up alongside each other)

Dartmoor, Devon, ENGLAND the most beautiful place in Britain
    Real Name
    Kevin Peden

Re: Nikon 24mm PC-E f3.5 lens

Hi Donald.
    Many Thanks for the link. Just taken a peek at your work here and website, absolutely beautiful. I'm new to landscape etc as I've spent most of my time in a military situation, studio, church, and events with little time for my own work. Its been my ambition to do my own stuff in my own time and now I have that chance, and its work much like yours that has inspired my ambition.

Cheers
    Kev