Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowscape

Real Name
    Alex

Snowscape

This is one that I took today seen as I had the day off due to the snow, wasn't out long though before I got snowed off
    Kept the snow underexposed to show more detail and hopefully giving an interesting FG.
    First post here so be gentle please

40d, Sigma 10-20, FL 10mm, Av f/13, Tv 1/100, ISO100, Hotshoe Level, Cable Release, Tripod.

WDYT?

Snowscape

Re: Snowscape

Alex

A very simple and effective image. I could be a scene from the Antarctic. The textures and tones are very complimentary. Excellent work...and welcome to CiC. You have some stunning landscapes on your website Alex.

Steve

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Alex

As per Steve's comments.

Didn't realise who the 'Alex Scott' was until I checked your website. I signed up to the EOS forum when I first got my 40D. Soon after, it collapsed - Mmm. Co-incidence?

I didn't know where everyone had gone and then I found CiC and have lived here ever since!

Real Name
    Alex

Hi Steve

This was shot just across from my home but it felt like the Antarctic and I was dressed for it I can tell you
    Really appreciate the feedback and thanks for having a look at my site. I'm liking your work, some of it is original (to me anyway)

Cheers

Real Name
    Steve

I like it; portrait aspect, a white desert, lovely.

Real Name
    Alex

Thanks Donald.

Shame on you, not realising who I was , but don't worry it wasn't your fault that it went down but not worth going into it on other forum.
    I've seen a few of the old guys on other forums, not been on the new EOS one that much since it's Robert Scott that's running it and not Dave Newton.

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    I like it; portrait aspect, a white desert, lovely.
    Thanks for looking and commenting Steve, appreciated.

Real Name
    Nigel

Hi Alex
    Two new boys together then ....

Good composition - one niggle is the really bright bit on the left but otherwise I like it.

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by NigelD View Post
    Hi Alex
    Two new boys together then ....

Good composition - one niggle is the really bright bit on the left but otherwise I like it.
    Welcome to CIC then Nigel
    That area is quite bright but I wanted it to contrast the top right of the sky while keeping it within the histogram, thanks for your input.

Real Name
    Robert S.

Hi Alex,

the graduation in the sky from snow-white to clouds or fog towards the deep dark blue does it even look more interessting and fits well to the structures in the foreground. This wild looking sky gives the picture much more dynamics. I like it.

bye
    Robert

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Hi Alex,

the graduation in the sky from snow-white to clouds or fog towards the deep dark blue does it even look more interessting and fits well to the structures in the foreground. This wild looking sky gives the picture much more dynamics. I like it.

bye
    Robert
    Hi Robert

That's what I liked about the finished image, how it went from dark to light to dark again. Thought it gave a good visual experience

Thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    Just call me David.

Good work, Alex. What a fine way to boot up on CiC. You have other jewels to show us methinks.

One small thing, but that I'm not sure of: no sense of scale. It really does convey a vastness that is unlikely to exist in your neighborhood ~ or...

Cheers,
    David

Hi Alex, long time no see. Welcome to CiC! I had a look at your site, and your shots are as impressive as ever. Better, I'm sure.

I like this one. It's fairly minimalist, but it has a good lead line that snakes though the scene. The sky is good - did you use a polarizer?

Regards David's comment. Perhaps a small figure on the horizon trudging through the snow. There's never one when you want one.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by David deSousa View Post
    Good work, Alex. What a fine way to boot up on CiC. You have other jewels to show us methinks.

One small thing, but that I'm not sure of: no sense of scale. It really does convey a vastness that is unlikely to exist in your neighborhood ~ or...

Cheers,
    David
    Hi David
    This was the farmers fields and from the point I was at to the top of the hill was about 40' away, had the tripod about 2' above the ground with the WA lens on so this has created the illusion of a vast landscape.
    Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ascott View Post
    This is one that I took today seen as I had the day off due to the snow, wasn't out long though before I got snowed off
    Kept the snow underexposed to show more detail and hopefully giving an interesting FG.
    First post here so be gentle please

40d, Sigma 10-20, FL 10mm, Av f/13, Tv 1/100, ISO100, Hotshoe Level, Cable Release, Tripod.

WDYT?

Snowscape
    You guy's get the day off when it snows, is that so everyone can play in it before it melts and goes away for twelve years.

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Hi Alex, long time no see. Welcome to CiC! I had a look at your site, and your shots are as impressive as ever. Better, I'm sure.

I like this one. It's fairly minimalist, but it has a good lead line that snakes though the scene. The sky is good - did you use a polarizer?

Regards David's comment. Perhaps a small figure on the horizon trudging through the snow. There's never one when you want one.

Hope you enjoy it here.
    Hi Rob, it does seems ages since we last swapped posts
    No filters used on this one, just a preset I used in Lightroom that I was experimenting with.
    No room for anybody on the horizon, besides I would have told them to bolt

Seems like a nice place park up Rob.

Real Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You guy's get the day off when it snows, is that so everyone can play in it before it melts and goes away for twelve years.
    I live in the countryside and because of cuts to local budgets our road leading to the main highway doesn't get gritted, at least that's what I tell the boss

Real Name
    Peter

Welcome to CiC. Your name and/or reputation seems to proceed you. I do like this and I have had a good look at your website. Great work. I look forward to your contributions here and learning more.

Real Name
    Alex

Peter, I don't know about learning more as I'm still learning myself.
    Thanks for having a look.

Real Name
    Just call me David.

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Perhaps a jolly old elf and eight tiny reindeer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast