Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Shots From Northern California

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Shots From Northern California

I've been up in northern California for Thanksgiving and when I'm up here's I tend to go hunting with my Canon. I feel a little like a coyote in a hen house as it's a target rich environment. Here's a few from the last few days.

First is GEESE TAKING FLIGHT. Too bad I couldn't share the sound of beating wings and the loud calls geese make when they take to the air. I used this shot to create a digital Thanksgiving card.

Next is DEER AND LEANING TREE. I gave it a paintery look. I think I will use this one for my digital Christmas card.

Next is BUCK AND DOE but I think I could have named it THE BUCK STOPS HERE as he is certainly checking out the doe.

Finally here's ABANDONED HOUSE IN SNOW....it looks sad and neglected and, in fact, I know a sad story connected with the house so the image brings that memory to me. It's HDR.

Chuck

Re: Shots From Northern California

Hi,
    Good!Poetical!
    Radu Dinu

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by CNelson View Post
    Next is DEER AND LEANING TREE. I gave it a paintery look. I think I will use this one for my digital Christmas card.

Not only digital. That, undoubtedly, would have commercial possibilities as a printed card as well.

I've raised up another thread prompted by this image.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Thank you Radu and Donald.

Donald, I will be checking out your other thread. I actually did put this image as a card on my Zazzle site....time will tell if anyone finds it.

I do like the image...it almost looks like I inserted deer into that setting but I didn't. I did give it a painterly treatment and did a lot of tinkering with it using layers to get the effect I wanted.

Chuck

Chuck

Real Name
    Elise

Lovely pictures, Chuck, and so different from "my" California (Central Coast, near Santa Cruz). I love the one with the geese -- it looks very cold!

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    Lovely pictures, Chuck, and so different from "my" California (Central Coast, near Santa Cruz). I love the one with the geese -- it looks very cold!
    Thank you Elise....(I have to be careful spelling your name because my mother's name was Elsie), of course your area has its own -different beauty. Yes, it has been cold...it doesn't get up to freezing (32)until almost noon....it it gest above freezing at all. Nice clear crisp air for shooting wildlife.

Chuck