Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cyber Monday and Purchasing a Camera

Real Name
    Daniel I. Patterson

Cyber Monday and Purchasing a Camera

Cyber Monday is coming up (this Monday)... does anyone know of good sites to purchase a mid level cannon, just the body?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Cyber Monday and Purchasing a Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingman View Post
    Cyber Monday is coming up (this Monday)... does anyone know of good sites to purchase a mid level cannon, just the body?
    Arms suppliers or maybe some military museums dumping surplus equipment.

As for Canon's - do you want to buy from within your own country? If so, where is that? B & H are US-based but supply the world. Warehouse Express is UK-based but does the same. There are lots of others.

Real Name
    Richard

Buyer Beware... If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is! Even on Cyber-Monday. I would only purchase from well-known and reputable vendors. Some of these in the USA include: B&H, Adorama and 17th Street Camera in New York City.

Obviously, there are reputable vendors in most countries but, I would guess that the prices vary between country and vendor.

Real Name
    Elise

Amazon often has good deals (sometimes it's actually B&H or Adorama), and lately they've been doing 12 months interest free on their credit card. Beware, though, you do not want to accrue interest on that card -- the rate is astronomical.

Real Name
    Richard

NOTE: I just checked the Amazon.com price for a refurbished camera from Adorama. The price on Amazon is $1399.85 (USD) with shipping charges of $22.95 (USD).

HOWEVER: When buying that same camera from the Adorama web site directly THE SHIPPING IS FREE within the USA.

There was no indication that the 7D would qualify for free shipping from Amazon.com...

I think that I will check the suppliers' web sites directly when I see an item on Amazon that is offered through a non-Amazon supplier,
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 24th November 2010 at 05:47 PM.