Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Support Your Local Spaceship

Support Your Local Spaceship

Re: Support Your Local Spaceship

OK. Chuck in the day job on Monday and get a job working for the graphics/advertising department of Audi. I'll swear #1 is the engine block of the Audi 1.

Excellent shots, old boy. They demonstrate a level of imagination and weirdness that leaves even me puzzzled. Some yuppie in a loft-conversion in Islington, London would hang #2 on their wall.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

More great work.

OK. Chuck in the day job on Monday and get a job working for the graphics/advertising department of Audi. I'll swear #1 is the engine block of the Audi 1.

Excellent shots, old boy. They demonstrate a level of imagination and weirdness that leaves even me puzzzled. Some yuppie in a loft-conversion in Islington, London would hang #2 on their wall.
    They are a bit aspidistra and coffee machine. The buildings themselves are very clinical and impersonal. They are the sort of place that cringable crowd from Alan Sugars Apprentice are evolved hence 'spaceship' theme. I actually didn't have to do much PP the profusion of green glass gave a very odd result in camera. I think I may as well fall on my sword if modern day yuppies take any interest
    More great work.
    Cheers Mike much appreciated

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I think I may as well fall on my sword if modern day yuppies take any interest
    I think I'm safe enough with my stuff, but you could get one or two of them liking what you've done here. I'd be careful.

I think I'm safe enough with my stuff, but you could get one or two of them liking what you've done here. I'd be careful.
    I will get straight onto e-bay and get a Yuppie filter. Guaranteed to block out 100% of unwanted floppy hairdos and red braces. Actually you dont see the old Yuppie anymore they seem to have morphed into Alan Sugar's trousers The UK must be the only country in the world where our returning troops get to sign on the dole, emergency services get to go on strike but make yourself a bag of cash...and its knighthoods galore

On a serious note... I'm interested in how you get that cool clean bluish look. Do you just lower the white balance in ACR? It looks very effective.

Hi Rob

Yes, take the white balance slightly to the left then once in GIMP drag the right end of the curve upwards slightly more than usual. These images did not require much processing since the buildings are constructed of a blue green plate glass with a natural portland cement columns and other structural elements. The late afternoon winter light helped to keep everything sharp and clean.