Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bit Windy Today

Real Name
    Russell

Bit Windy Today

Bit of a breeze today so had a run down to the shore.
    Bit Windy Today

Bit Windy Today

Bit Windy Today

Bit Windy Today
    Last edited by russellsnr; 13th November 2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Missed two photos

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Bit Windy Today

Hi Russell,

You'll get more and better comments if you post them larger, e.g. at least as per the first link here:
    How to make attached photos appear bigger

If you want to post bigger than 700px, and that is wise with images like these to get away from the '6" x 4" postcard' look, there are alternatives; the easiest method, requiring nothing extra on your part is to follow this system: How to post pictures inline using TinyPic

Cheers,

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Russell,

You'll get more and better comments if you post them larger, e.g. at least as per the first link here:
    How to make attached photos appear bigger

If you want to post bigger than 700px, and that is wise with images like these to get away from the '6" x 4" postcard' look, there are alternatives; the easiest method, requiring nothing extra on your part is to follow this system: How to post pictures inline using TinyPic

Cheers,
    Hi, OK thank you. I have changed them but was a bit concerned about size did not want to over do it on one post.
    Again Thanks.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Russell,

Glad you got that sorted, and no, it's not too many by any means
    I'd find say, more than 8 is getting towards 'too many'!

On the series as a whole, two things strike me;
    a) the horizon is always across the middle (but it is level which is good)
    b) the colour temperature appears to vary between shots, but I can't see any EXIF data to check

On a), not having it on a third may not be a bad thing if the composition can carry it off (rules are meant to be broken, etc.), even if it can though, on a couple I did begin to wonder if the subject is the sea or the sky

On b), the sky in the first and third is noticeably bluer than #2 and #4 - now this is the sort of thing I usually do

On the last, I think I might have shot (if possible), from a little further to the left to get the stick more on the right of the image.

They might have stood just a toch more sharpening on spray and or backgrounds, that said, the rocks are ok so it may be deliberate, or a function of shutter speed.

Hope that helps and others give their views too, because I don't always see everything.

Cheers,