Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Um, first post

Real Name
    Matt Fannin

Um, first post

Hi,
    new here, just looking for a place to get some artistic advice and I stumbled upon your site.
    this is a quite abstract photo manipulation I have recently done in Photoshop.
    So yea, just looking for some thoughts really...

Um, first post

Re: Um, first post

abstract stuff is fantastic one can just freak out totally in all direction,without holding back our thots and this pic just does that as the photographer wants some thotsi think this pic is really awesome in visual aspect i cant make head or tail of it.....but still i feel like watching itvery mysterious landscape and totally blinding skyscape keeps the viewer guessing in all directions fr some direction

Real Name
    Matt Fannin

ok,
    well thats cool,
    I was looking for a mysterious look,
    Just for interest, the photo's that I took were as follows, (and you may find this quite strange):

1. a hat against the sky
    2. 2 sky-only photos
    3. the kitchen sponge
    4. a rustic handle
    5.some floorboards
    6. the base of a frying pan
    7. and an artificial Christmas tree

There was NO landscape in particular, just a mash of photos

so wheres the kitchen sink nice, i would have been tempted to reduce that hot spot of
    a sun though maybe superimpose a face or even something more exotic in it just to keep my eyes rolling from corner to corner, i just cant help looking into an empty hole, but if that was intention it certainly worked! the reason being is i can only glance at the hat for a nano second then eyes to centre! if i had done this pic the hat would have been blended into the sky, you obviously are into surrealism, yes yes yes my cup of tea!

nokinnikon
    Last edited by nokinnikon; 16th December 2008 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummuppet View Post
    ok,
    (and you may find this quite strange)
    No, not really, all sounds very normal to me..........

It really is an interesting 'photograph', but I agree with nokinnikon, the bright centre is just a little bright - I look forward to some more posts.

Cheers, Richard.

Real Name
    Matt Fannin

Ta,
    yea actually, it was the intent to have a very bright center, but just after i finished I did think it was a little over-powering.
    Id have to agree with that one

As far as the actual photography goes, I wouldn't really have a clue whats good and bad,
    I really only do it by feel, and what I think looks good.
    I kno basic principals like aperture etc and when to use them, but at 16 with nothing more than a relatively decent canon point and shoot, there is only so much you can experiment with so any tips for taking photos would be appreciated also
    Last edited by milleniummuppet; 16th December 2008 at 10:23 AM.

As far as the actual photography goes, I wouldn't really have a clue whats good and bad,
    I kno basic principals like aperture etc and when to use them, but at 16 with nothing more than a relatively decent canon point and shoot, there is only so much you can experiment with so any tips for taking photos would be appreciated also
    To quote Monty Python in the Life of Brian "we're all individuals", so what suits you, suits you. You make the call if it is good or bad. If you have not already done so I would suggest that you look through this forum for all the posts by 'kaskais' - I think they may give you some inspiration.
    Cheers, Richard.

Real Name
    Chris

Yes keep going & keep posting, looks good clean fun. I find this easier to relate to than Kaskais' abstracts

Chris

Ta,
    yea actually, it was the intent to have a very bright center, but just after i finished I did think it was a little over-powering.
    Id have to agree with that one

hey listen, take it from a pro, keep the hell going and do not stop! learn from your mistakes and you can only get better, read books and more books, experiment, speak to pros personally, go work in their studios for free if you really want to pick up any top tips!
    i did and 21 years later i am still going, albeit 18 years as a pro! the more you shoot the more you learn and the best advice i was given was " make it happen"

nokinnikon

Real Name
    Matt Fannin

Hell, you don't think I'm just gunna stop do you!!
    just asking for pointers

hey uppet! i dont think u need any pointers u actually need to be restrained anyways keep shooting and posting the story behind ur pic is totally funnyu have taken abstract to new level of weirdness