Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: pocket money

Real Name
    Paul

pocket money

my daughter decided today would be a good day to count her pocket money.and as she was so please with herself. a shot for our album
    c&c welcome
    pocket money
    Last edited by Bootsy; 7th November 2010 at 10:42 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: pocket money

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    my daughter decided today would be a good day to count her pocket money.and as she was so please with herself. a shot for our album
    c&c welcome
    pocket money
    When I saw the title I expected a pile of coins, the eager face added volumes to the image. Give her change for the bills, there's nothing like toting a ton of coin to the bank especially if they have one of those counters. I usually throw my pocket change into a bucket and exchange at year end. I love the look on people's faces as I stand there filling the CoinStar machine for a half hour.

Real Name
    David

Hi Bootsy - Your daughter ought to be running RBS from the wad she'd got stashed.

David

Hate to ask a delicate question. But would she miss the Teddy? I only have 34, and I need some additions to my collection. Nice shot!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Bootsy

That's gorgeous.

I'd crop it to cut out the piggy bank. I know it's part of the story, but by being stuck out there at the very edge of the frame, it's just distracting.

Rob - This is obviously a very financially astute young person you're going to have to deal with. I suggest you have to make your opening offer for the Teddy and see what the reaction is. Then you're into a negotiating process. But I don't rate your chances highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Rob - This is obviously a very financially astute young person you're going to have to deal with. I suggest you have to make your opening offer for the Teddy and see what the reaction is. Then you're into a negotiating process. But I don't rate your chances highly.
    I have some very persuasive FRIENDS

Real Name
    Paul

cheers for the comments.i did a crop without the piggy bank.but it just didn't look/feel right to me.and as for the teddy she would hunt you down to get it back we cant go anywhere without it.

Real Name
    Paul

i've decided i'd like to have this photo on a canvas.i'm going for a square crop(500m/m x 500m/m by 30m/m deep canvas) as it'll fit in well with another square canvas on the same wall.but i'm still trying to decided which style i like best.so i'd be grateful for any input.
    still gutted the pig didn't make the cut
    pocket money

pocket money

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

but i'm still trying to decided which style i like best.so i'd be grateful for any input.
    It's got to be the toned one.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

That's a gorgeous photo, and I prefer the square crop. The toning adds warmth.

I prefer the look of the toned one, but her face is darker in that version - probably due to whatever conversion you did. Glad to see the bear made it!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

still gutted the pig didn't make the cut
    Clone it across a bit (I would)

It is a lovely expression.
    On screen I prefer the monochrome, but on canvas, possibly the tinted would look better

Real Name
    Paul

just trying a few different things
    pocket money

just trying a few different things
    pocket money
    That looks a better exposure level - it stands out more. If you shot this in RAW and want to send me a copy I'll have a go at moving the pig (but the Teddy stays) You can load it here http://uploading.com/signup/ Or a JPEG if you have the original unprocessed.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

I like the treatment and lighting levels on her face better in post # 13, but like the extra space above her head as in #8. I'd possibly attempt to blend out the distracting vertical lines above her head a bit though. The expression on her face, particularly her eyes, make the image an absolute treasure.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    That looks a better exposure level - it stands out more. If you shot this in RAW and want to send me a copy I'll have a go at moving the pig (but the Teddy stays) You can load it here http://uploading.com/signup/ Or a JPEG if you have the original unprocessed.
    there you are mate http://uploading.com/files/811b85d8/_MG_1673.CR2/

Real Name
    Peter

I like the toned one best but if you are going to have it printed on canvass and box framed you will need to leave an additional 50mm around all sides for the wrap so don't crop too tight at this stage. Having said that I don't mind the tight crop above the head.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    I like the toned one best but if you are going to have it printed on canvass and box framed you will need to leave an additional 50mm around all sides for the wrap so don't crop too tight at this stage. Having said that I don't mind the tight crop above the head.
    the photos cropped so theres plenty to wrap around the sidei'm just glad it work out ok