Thread: Flashpoint Zoom R2 Manual/Godox TT600

Real Name
    Richard

Flashpoint Zoom R2 Manual/Godox TT600

I was given a like-new Flashpoint Zoom R2 Manual Flash, a like-new Flashpoint R2 Transceiver 2.4G and a Sigma lens to sell for my dog rescue organization.

On the Flashpoint Zoom R2 Manual Flash unit (and I assume also on the Godox unit) when I have the flash in wireless slave mode, a small light located at the bottom of the flash assist light flashes on and off. I cannot find any reference to this in the Flashpoint Instruction Manual or on any YouTube videos about this flash.

Is this normal behavior? I noticed the light flashing on a YouTube video but, no reference to the flashing was made...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 31st October 2017 at 11:26 PM.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Flashpoint Zoom R2 Manual/Godox TT600

Yup. It's normal behavior, and no, there's no C.Fn to turn it off. A lot of folks just use gaffer tape.

You want to have real fun, put it in S1/S2 mode and MULTI and then trip it. It won't stop firing until you turn it off, because the later bursts in the MULTI mode are re-tripping the optical slave. [facepalm].

I write brands@adorama.com a lot of emails about all the holes I find in Godox's corner-case and integration testing.

OTOH. I adore the fact that I can fire the TT600 in HSS from my GX-7 with my TT350-O. (If only the TT685-C would work that way. (sigh. Long story. But with the TT350-O as on-camera master with the GX-7, the TT685C won't work in TTL/HSS if I'm in bright ambient light. In TTL, it fires out of sync. In HSS, it won't fire. And if—keeping all settings identical and not even turning the gear off—I move everything inside into lower ambient light, it all works. [facepalm]. I have apparently stumped both Adorama's Flashpoint support and Godox's engineers with this one.)).

Nobody else seems to have run into this issue because they're using an X1T-O or a TT685-O or an Olympus body.

I am sad I cannot use HSS when I fire the TT600 remotely from my iPhone 5S with the help of the A1 (Flashpoint M1). Because the freaking sync speed of my iPhone 5S's camera is a whopping 1/25s. And, of course, the aperture is fixed to f/2.2. Not using this combo for daytime fill any time soon. [facepalm]. But, since I bought it mostly for iPhone food shots, it's okay.

I can't wait for my XPro-C to land on the doorstep tomorrow. I'm dying to play with my Godox toys from my 5DmkII.

Yup. I have drunk the kool-aid.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanx Kathy,

I was hoping that you would see this and respond. I already had the gaffer's tape in mind...

Real Name
    Kathy

Not that this will help Richard, but thought I should mention that if you have a TT685, V860II, or AD360II, on Dec 1, Godox put up firmware updates that let you turn off the blinking LEDs. It also adds ID code capability, if you're using an XPro transmitter. And I can confirm that both those functions work; at least on my TT685C and my XPro-C. [grin].

The XPro-C/XPro-N also received firmware updates, as did the X1T-N/X1R-N.

Should also mention the XPro has a USB C port on it, not a micro USB port, so you will need a USB C cable to update it; and it didn't come with one in the box. Thankfully, my Godox A1 (Flashpoint M1) did come with one in the box, so I was set.

I also had problems trying to upgrade the XPro with the Godox file, but the Flashpoint one worked. Someone on dpreview said it was probably the Chinese characters in the folder names, and removing them will fix the issue.
    Last edited by inkista; 9th December 2017 at 04:08 AM.