Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which programs to buy

Re: Which programs to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    DxO PhotoLab (formerly DxO Optics Pro) is a powerful replacement for Lightroom's Develop Module. I am quite certain that the Nik Collection will be integrated with it, as other DxO plugins such as FilmPack and Viewpoint are.

Why not try the trial version of this software to see what you think? Donald and I are long-time Optics Pro users.
    DxO is fine if you're not on Fuji x-trans cameras. I used previously DxO and I liked it much. Now I hear that the Nik implementation has some problems, but sure they will sort this out. As now I'm with Fuji,
    I use Capture One. Also an excelent program and found a solution how to work as with DxO - no import and no libraries.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Which programs to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Valdo View Post
    DxO is fine if you're not on Fuji x-trans cameras. I used previously DxO and I liked it much. Now I hear that the Nik implementation has some problems, but sure they will sort this out. As now I'm with Fuji,
    I use Capture One. Also an excelent program and found a solution how to work as with DxO - no import and no libraries.
    I have no personal experience with the x-Trans sensor, although I do understand that there has been a problem with the various raw converters in dealing with the unique filter array (i.e. not a traditional Bayer array).

I have heard that when it first came out, none of the well known commercial raw converters handled it well. Capture One seemed to be the "least bad" for a while, although I heard divergent opinions here. I have also heard that Adobe fixed the problems with Camera Raw and Lightroom and I know of one well known photographer who now considers the Adobe software superior to the Capture One results and has switched to using Lightroom exclusively.

When it comes to DxO PhotoLab, I can only suggest that it may have improved as well. Data for the specific camera models is updated on a regular basis, so software that did not perform well at one time can deliver excellent results after a new software release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12