Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you use NIK you will love this!!

Real Name
    Ian

Re: If you use NIK you will love this!!

Donald/All,

The following is now on the DxO website:-

************************************************** *************************

The ESSENTIAL and ELITE editions of DxO PhotoLab for PC and Mac can be acquired from the DxO website (shop.dxo.com).

Photographers who purchased a license for DxO OpticsPro can get a discounted upgrade license for DxO PhotoLab by signing into their customer accounts at www.dxo.com. Photographers who purchased or updated a DxO OpticsPro license on or after September 1st, 2017 can upgrade their software for free.

My account suggests an upgrade will cost £159.00 or £168.90 with a backup CD for the Pro Elite version. Maybe its a while since I last upgraded their software?

************************************************** *****************************

As a long time Nik and DxO user, I am pleased to see its continuance and hopeful further development.

The World changes……..at least its value is seen and recognised by others rather than it fading from grace.

Real Name
    Bill

The DxO forum says if you purchased V11 on or after 1st September you can get a free upgrade, but the only upgrade option that shows in my account is for a reduced price.

Does anyone know how to access the no-cost recent purchase version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I haven't downloaded it for a while, but DxO are not selling yet? It is still being operated by Google. The NIK announcement by DxO is just that at this stage, an announcement.
    https://nikcollection.dxo.com

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billtils View Post
    The DxO forum says if you purchased V11 on or after 1st September you can get a free upgrade, but the only upgrade option that shows in my account is for a reduced price.
    Ah, just been to the DxO website and accessed my account from there - and it shows the free download.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Donald/All,

The following is now on the DxO website:-

************************************************** *************************

The ESSENTIAL and ELITE editions of DxO PhotoLab for PC and Mac can be acquired from the DxO website (shop.dxo.com).
    Oh, I've already got the new Elite. I was thinking that Vaklo was looking for something that said Silver Efex Pro or Colour Efex Pro on it.

The full para from DxO as stated above is:-
    "Photographers who purchased a license for DxO OpticsPro can get a discounted upgrade license for DxO PhotoLab by signing into their customer accounts at www.dxo.com. Photographers who purchased or updated a DxO OpticsPro license on or after September 1st, 2017 can upgrade their software for free."

I don't see anywhere that they are selling the NIK package. It's going to be well into next year, I believe, before the produce a new and updated version of that.

Ian - I got mine for £55.
    Last edited by Donald; 28th October 2017 at 12:16 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I know that those of us that did use Optics pro11 can very quickly get to grips with PhotoLab, but..... can any one find a User Manual.

I been in everywhere I can think there should be one and can't find it. I see they haven't had any time to make any movie tutorials yet. I'm delighted that they launched it, but it's not like DxO to have done so without a User Manual.

Real Name
    Ian

I suppose given that they have ONLY JUST announced it, we have very high expectations.

I am more than happy with Nik software doing what it has done for me for about the last eight years and DxO for correcting distortions and giving some of the old film effects.

It integrates well at the moment, so I presume that will continue with people like Adobe.

Other softwares……we will just have to wait and see.

Real Name
    Dan

I don't see anywhere that they are selling the NIK package. It's going to be well into next year, I believe, before the produce a new and updated version of that.
    Donald,

This information is on the page linked in the OP. They are giving away the current version, and they wrote that "The new “Nik Collection 2018 Edition” will be released mid-2018"

Dan

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I know that those of us that did use Optics pro11 can very quickly get to grips with PhotoLab, but..... can any one find a User Manual.

I been in everywhere I can think there should be one and can't find it. I see they haven't had any time to make any movie tutorials yet. I'm delighted that they launched it, but it's not like DxO to have done so without a User Manual.
    And in reply to my own message.

http://help-photolab.dxo.com/en/develop-retouch gets you to the online User Manual.

I am sorry I even thought that DxO would have launched it without proper support for it. I shall go and wash my mouth out.
    Last edited by Donald; 28th October 2017 at 02:44 PM.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, rather than start another thread on NIK and many will probably already no this but you can use the NIK collection as a plug-in with the Affinity software now I don't no how good or bad the Affinity software is as a photo editing application compared to Photoshop or Lightroom but if anyone would like to comment on it please would be appreciated. Thanks, Russ

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi, rather than start another thread on NIK and many will probably already no this but you can use the NIK collection as a plug-in with the Affinity software now I don't no how good or bad the Affinity software is as a photo editing application compared to Photoshop or Lightroom but if anyone would like to comment on it please would be appreciated. Thanks, Russ
    I use Affinity Photo as my main photo-editor and the Nik plugins all work except for the HDR plugin - this uses a different interface from the standard plugins. There are a few caveats in using Nik, but once you have discovered these, it works well. There is information on using Nik in the excellent Affinity Support Forum.

John

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Russ I'm in much the same boat as John with Affinity becoming my editor of choice (except for raw conversion for which I use AfterShot Pro). On my Windows computer I have a problem with Viveza and Affinity. It works OK with jpegs but the colours are all wrong in the Viveza screen when I am working on a tlff with Adobe RGB color space. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet. Any thoughts John?

Dave

Real Name
    Barry

I downloaded the free version of NIK some time ago and supposedly integrated it with Lightroom 6. When editing I found it under “Photo” but it brings up a rather crude version of my image and appears not to have been fully integrated into Lightroom as an editing tool. What might I have done wrong in the downloading process of NIK?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Russ I'm in much the same boat as John with Affinity becoming my editor of choice (except for raw conversion for which I use AfterShot Pro). On my Windows computer I have a problem with Viveza and Affinity. It works OK with jpegs but the colours are all wrong in the Viveza screen when I am working on a tlff with Adobe RGB color space. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet. Any thoughts John?

Dave
    I hardly ever use Tiffs. When I have used Viveza it has been on a freshly developed raw or a jpeg and these have performed as expected. I have just loaded a tiff and in the Viveza window it appears as virtually monochrome. So, yes, there is a problem.

John

Real Name
    Russell

Thankyou for the replies people. I am seriously looking at Affinity to take over from my CS6 as it also has the MEDIAN filter that was/is only available in PS CS6 Pro (amazing as I beleive it is also in GIMP) have downloaded the Affinity trial and as it also works from Lightroom. Seems a bargain for the price and sure given will improve as Photoshop did as long as it doesn't go subscription in later years Thanks again, Russ

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRostron View Post
    I hardly ever use Tiffs. When I have used Viveza it has been on a freshly developed raw or a jpeg and these have performed as expected. I have just loaded a tiff and in the Viveza window it appears as virtually monochrome. So, yes, there is a problem.

John
    I don't use this combination of software / filter and just loaded it up. Seems to work as I would have expected on my machine using Lightroom CC Classic. The colours seem to look normal.

I wonder if there is a colour space issue as Lightroom defaults to a variant of the ProPhoto RGB colour space.

If you use NIK you will love this!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12