Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nik Collection not working anymore

Real Name
    Ole

Nik Collection not working anymore

I am not longer able to use Nik Collection anymore it appears. What are my alternatives. I use Lightroom which I am used to

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Nik Collection not working anymore

Has this just happened since the latest Lightroom/PS updates Ole?

I believe the NIK collection can still be downloaded.

I updated to the latest PS version today and all that was required was to move the NIK collection folder from the old version directory to the latest version directory, but not sure where it's kept in Lightroom.
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 20th October 2017 at 07:55 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Although it applies to Photoshop, please see this Updated Photoshop to CC 2018 - No NIK

It may be relevant to your problem.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Although it applies to Photoshop, please see this Updated Photoshop to CC 2018 - No NIK

It may be relevant to your problem.
    It looks like it's not an update but a new install. You might have a look at all your other preferences, if there're.

George

Real Name
    Robin

On a Mac make sure Photoshop isn't running - open Finder - click on Applications - switch to List View - open Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 - open Plugins - copy Google - go down a couple to Photoshop CC 2018 - open it - paste Google into the Plugins folder

Nik Collection not working anymore

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    It looks like it's not an update but a new install. You might have a look at all your other preferences, if there're.

George
    Ole mentions he has lost the use of NIK and also mentions he uses 'Lightroom". There has just been both an update and also an optional install of a different version of Lightroom.

For PS there has just been an option to update to ver 2018 which loads and installs the new version in a new folder and removes the 2017 version from its folder all bar the 'plugins' sub folder (where the NIK collection was kept as Robin shows).

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Ole mentions he has lost the use of NIK and also mentions he uses 'Lightroom". There has just been both an update and also an optional install of a different version of Lightroom.

For PS there has just been an option to update to ver 2018 which loads and installs the new version in a new folder and removes the 2017 version from its folder all bar the 'plugins' sub folder (where the NIK collection was kept as Robin shows).
    Ole didn't mention what he did, he just lost it. I was referring to the link Donald gave. An update was mentioned, and a new directory in the Program Files structure. The old directory wasn't removed. Normally I would say it's a new install. But whatever it is, not everything is included with this new update or install. Just an advise to check more. Of course only if you've something to check.

George

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Ole - not enough information to go with here:

Which operating system are you using and which version of Lightroom.

When I updated from Version 6.12 to Version 7.0 yesterday on my Windows 10 machine, all the plugins transferred over to the new Lightroom CC Classic. This was not the case for Photoshop, where I had to do this manually.

I do not run Nik in Lightroom, so it was not installed. So far as I can tell, based on my Photoshop experience, the Nik Collections works properly under CC 2018.