Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Angels of the Northwest

Angels of the Northwest

Went for a stroll today and ended up fairly close to the Angels of the Northwest. This sculpture is 91 feet high and doubles as a cell phone antenna. There are a lot of photos of this kicking around locally so I thought I would try something different. The second image from a sculpted park bench.

Angels of the Northwest

Angels of the Northwest

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Angels of the Northwest

Love them both! I wish I could see like you do. Number 1 is my favourite. I don't know what it is, but I don't have to, I just like looking at it.

Wendy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    I wish I could see like you do.
    Ditto

I wish I could see like you do
    Should have gone to Specsavers.....two designer pairs for the price of one

Now if you both saw the way I did we would be deprived of those wonderful images you both produce and the place would be cluttered with highly saturated random dalliances. I will let yet into a little secret, amongst others I would like to

a) capture mood in light the way Wendy does
    b) produce moody, walk-in black and whites just like Donald (but without the kilt)

Seriously I think we all see things in each others work that we would like to merge into our own styles. Some of it will be appropriate some perhaps not but I think that is a massive benefit of these forums. We can window shop our aspirations and chose the bits that will develop our own styles

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Interesting and thought provoking as ever Steve. A worthwhile stroll, I would say.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Seriously I think we all see things in each others work that we would like to merge into our own styles.
    You are, of course and as always, absolutely right. We admire and, indeed, envy, the vision and skill that produces these images and wish we could do that. But we (I) do what we (I) do and appreciate the fact that others find something to enjoy.

If we all did the same thing, life would be terribly boring. And then I would know the secret and not have the same jaw-dropping 'wow' feeling whenever you post up one of these images.

Real Name
    Peter

Great work again Steve, I like both.

Real Name
    Kay

I'll just wow again!
    well no I'n a girl - i have to say more than that - BIG Wow...especially for #1

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You are, of course and as always, absolutely right. We admire and, indeed, envy, the vision and skill that produces these images and wish we could do that. But we (I) do what we (I) do and appreciate the fact that others find something to enjoy.

If we all did the same thing, life would be terribly boring. And then I would know the secret and not have the same jaw-dropping 'wow' feeling whenever you post up one of these images.
    Well said Donald, especially the part about how boring it would be if we all did the same thing. I still wish I had the eye to isolate simple patterns and light into stunning compositions though. For now I will just appreciate the possibilities and absorb.

Wendy