Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone dropped out of the Adobe CC Subscription?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Anyone dropped out of the Adobe CC Subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnw View Post
    Sometimes I play around to produce what I refer to a a PS look as seen on some photo's but that isn't what I am after.
    I have no idea what a "PS look" is. Photoshop is a tool that can give you many different "looks".

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    I would be interested in your longer term experience with Affinity, I didn't like the beta and heard mediocre reports early on so would like to know if it now lives up to its initial expectations.
    I tried the beta for Windows, hoping for an alternative converter for Sigma Merrill X3F files but the Merrill cameras are ISO-less (no ISO amplifier before the in-camera ADCs). Thus high-ISO shots came out extremely dark in Affinity, leaving the User to do the necessary brightening, post conversion.

They may have fixed that by now, but excitement in the Sigma community died down pretty quick, sad to say.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 10th September 2017 at 10:39 PM.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Never took the subscription route as I am also a Photoshop CS6 owner however I did buy the Lightroom 6. Like many here I am just a hobby photographer but like to also print some images and for that Qimage is the easiest I found to work with. My view for what it's worth as far as Adobe subscription goes is that if I pay for something it's mine, I buy a car it's mine, I rent a car I take it back and that is what subscription is, a rental option. Do I need all the bells and whistles in the P/S CC? no not really as L/R and CS6 give me what I need to process images. I have also tried to use On1 software over the last 4 or so years but found it very buggy and keeps freezing up during proccessing time, Affinity? hold my hands up never actually even heard of it until seen on this topic here but will now look into it. Russ

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    I have also tried to use On1 software over the last 4 or so years but found it very buggy and keeps freezing up during proccessing time Russ
    Have you tried the latest version 2017.6? Its a completely different app to the one I tried back in December which to be honest I uninstalled it quicker than I installed it! I got an email out of the blue a couple of weeks ago from on1 offering me on1raw for a silly price so I tried it again and have to say its brilliant now. Super fast, never crashed yet (he says fingers crossed☺) and flies on my desktop loading Raw's (Nef's). I also have Affinity photo which is another app that's come on in leaps and bounds also now highly recommended (now they seem to have cracked the slow raw loading times). All good for the hobbyist!
    Steve
    Last edited by Gasman; 17th September 2017 at 06:47 PM.

Real Name
    Roger

Well my CC Subscription ended on 18th Sept and it then showed I had 30 days of 'trial' use, however it immediately went to a box requiring me to renew my subscription so that was it, bye-bye. I ran the Creative Cloud Removal Tool and eventually (with some manual assistance) got rid of CC and all its associated 'bits' and re-installed my Photoshop CS6, Bridge CS6 and Camera Raw, followed by an update to the latest available.

What will I miss?
    1) Maybe context aware crop, which I used very occasionally.
    2) Camera Raw being available from the 'Filters' drop-down menu ... anyone know a way to replicate this in any form?

Real Name
    Dan

Here's a list of features added to Photoshop, beginning with CS3 and ending with CC (presumably current, as this is an Adobe page). I don't know whether it is complete.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/versions.html

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    Have you tried the latest version 2017.6? Its a completely different app to the one I tried back in December which to be honest I uninstalled it quicker than I installed it! I got an email out of the blue a couple of weeks ago from on1 offering me on1raw for a silly price so I tried it again and have to say its brilliant now. Super fast, never crashed yet (he says fingers crossed☺) and flies on my desktop loading Raw's (Nef's)...
    Interesting I've had the opposite experience with On1. I loved version 9 and still use it. Paid for upgrade to v10 and never could get it to run(i.e.won't even load). Then with all of the hype and advertising I paid again for the upgrade to 2017 and it crashes every time I use it. Plus they eliminated the auto masking tool and in spite of promises to add it back in have yet to do so. I've gone from a strong advocate of On1 to a critic. It's a shame.

I have never taken up the CC subscription(Ransomeware)version, CS6 does everything I need. I have been looking into Affinity and may purchace a copy.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post

2) Camera Raw being available from the 'Filters' drop-down menu ... anyone know a way to replicate this in any form?
    You can do something similar with CS6 but it’s not quite the same as using the Filter menu. In ACR, if you hold down the shift key when you hit open image, it will open up in PS as a Smart Object. You can then right click on this object at any time and select Edit Contents and this will take you back to ACR for further editing. After that, hit OK and you are back in PS with the edited version showing up in the Smart Object.

Dave

Real Name
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    You can do something similar with CS6 but it’s not quite the same as using the Filter menu. In ACR, if you hold down the shift key when you hit open image, it will open up in PS as a Smart Object. You can then right click on this object at any time and select Edit Contents and this will take you back to ACR for further editing. After that, hit OK and you are back in PS with the edited version showing up in the Smart Object.

Dave
    Many thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12