Beach 1
    Oahu
    Beach
    Oahu
    Statue At Waikiki @ night
    Oahu
    Coconut Tree
    Oahu

Taken with Nikon D200 + rented Sigma 10-20mm for the first time. :-)
    Curve adjusted and cropped with GIMP.
    Adjusted the color temp in the first pic as it was taken at night in street light
    Please Comment.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Oahu

Hi Ajith, I'll kick off then:
    #1; I would say you've done a reasonable job here, the dark background does give it away as a night shot and there's something about the lack of continuous spectrum, even in the corrected colour balance, that confirms this. Compositionally, the dark rock in dead centre spoils it for me.
    #2; Good 'bay' picture and nice exposure, I might have cloned out, or cropped off, the bright buildings on right of frame, or included them properly. I might also have given a bit more sky above the hill on right too.
    #3; Bad case of sloping horizon on Beach 1, but I wouldn't mind a holiday there!
    #4; Good foreground interest and composition in general, slightly sloping horizon, blown highlights in the clouds are the biggest problem (but very hard to avoid, especially if jpg).
    #5; Not vertical, lighting doesn't suit subject (photographically), but presumably you had to make the most of what was provided.
    #6; A slight sloping horizon problem, but if that were straightened and then monochromed and tinted orange, it could have been a tribute to Kaskais! By which I mean, with such a simple subject/composition and so little to look at, it needs something else to hold one's attention.

I do hope that doesn't all read too negative, the intention is to be constructive; so that your next posts won't have some of these problems.

I'll post some of mine for a counter-attack soon, although last time, a couple didn't attract a response at all, which is probably worse, because they certainly were not perfect. Must have been a boring subject matter

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your detailed response ...I never noticed there was slope in pic #3 ....seems I have an angle issue..
    I really appreciate your effort.

Thanks
    Ajith

Hi Ajith,

I like the waterfall shot - the 'soft water' is very effective.

As for the the horizon issue - I find it virtually impossible to get the horizon level so always have to use post processing to straighten it up.

Cheers, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi Ajith,

I like the waterfall shot - the 'soft water' is very effective.

As for the the horizon issue - I find it virtually impossible to get the horizon level so always have to use post processing to straighten it up.

Cheers, Richard.
    Thanks Richard..